St. Jonah's summer camps: day camp & teen camp

Svetlana Cherskaya

Dear Parish Family!

We are getting closer to the week of St. Jonah's summer day camp, which will be held 6/27-7/1.

Dear Parents! Please register your children if you are planning for them to participate in the day camp, because we are finalizing arts and crafts supplies, so if you register late we might not have certain crafts sets ready for your child.

Here is the link to register: https://forms.gle/BpQijTn8gtraJbhF9

Dear Volunteers! Please consider contributing your time and talents into creating a time for kids to learn about Orthodox faith. Your help is greatly appreciated! It can be any art or craft project, music class for little ones (super fun!), active games or you can help one of our groups to navigate through the day (aka group leader). Teen volunteers can sign up to help with any of the camp activities or they can contribute by making beautiful crafts that we will sell in the church bookstore. The church can provide a letter about volunteer hours if needed.

When you sign up, please choose your group: A (2-3 year old), E (4-5), B (6-7), C (8-11), D (12+)

Also, we will have St. Jonah's overnight teen camp from 6/19 - 6/24

During the camp teens will have an opportunity to ask Fr. John or Fr. David their questions about Orthodox faith. A professional iconographer Ms. Irina will teach Iconography class, based on traditional techniques (this is just amazing !). We will have a navigation in wilderness class lead by Mr. Alexander Liepman, who will use the beautiful grounds around the villa and Lake Livingston State Park to help our campers to develop those important practical skills. And many other fun activities, I'll share pictures.

We are leaving from St. Jonah's this Sunday 6/19 at 2:30 pm. 11 kids are going so far, you still can sign up your teen, but arts and crafts supply is not guaranteed: https://forms.gle/1nX9QR4qEEh8QtccA

Thank you for your attention!

In Christ,
Svetlana