Sisterhood & Sunday school Charitable work - an ongoing Mighty Mites project

Matushka Patricia Whiteford

Dear Church family,

The Sisterhood has decided to expand our charitable work to support the orphans and five missions in Africa through "Orthodox Africa".  It is an international non-profit and pan-Orthodox organization started by Fr. Silouan Brown, a monk of the St. Demetrios Skete in Washington, D.C. in 2015 with the blessing of Metropolitan Hilarion, First-Hierarch of ROCOR and Metropolitan Jonah, former Primate of OCA.  We would like to do it as an on-going Mighty Mites project.

One mission is under ROCOR and the other four are under the Patriarchate of Alexandria (most of their bishops do not support the EP decision to establish the fake church in the Ukraine).

As Fr. John rightly puts it, "Orphans are orphans, God does not see color on their skin or nationality".

We would like to foster our children to learn to give even in their small ways (their change in quarters and dimes, etc.) through Mighty Mites that they can make a difference to help those who are far away, especially the orphans.  We would like to encourage parents to model giving more than just your change.  Perhaps, you can set a goal with your children to set aside a certain amount each month.

When we collect enough money, we will send our donation to them.  The Mighty Mites boxes are available on the trapeza library book shelf located right next to the coffee station.

In Christ,
Matushka Patrica

Join saintjonah@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.