Prayers for Monastery Threatened by Wildfire

Fr. David Companik

Dear church family,
Matushka and I received the following urgent message from Juliana Chrisanthus regarding the Theotokos of the Life-Giving Spring Greek Orthodox Monastery in California, which we visited back in May. The Abbess and Sisterhood were very hospitable and loving toward us.
---
I've just received word that Abbess Markella and her sisters have been forced to evacuate the monastery in Dunlap because of severe, threatening fires in the area . Please remember her and the 30 sisters in prayer and please feel free to share this message and ask others to pray for Mother Markella and the sisterhood of the Life Giving Spring!
---
Most Holy Theotokos, save thy handmaids!

In Christ,
Rev. David Companik
Assistant Priest
St. Jonah Orthodox Church