Re: 40 Days for Life Prayer Vigils

Fr. David Companik

Dear parish family,
Glory to God! Through the prayers of the Mother of God, who granted us good weather and a peaceful vigil, we prayed outside Planned Parenthood in Houston yesterday. 14 parishioners were present, counting children, and all were glad to have attended. Praying for the living and departed souls who have suffered from the scourge of abortion, we felt assured of God's mercy toward all.
We look forward to our next prayer vigil on Tuesday, October 12th from 2:30 - 4:30 PM. Please join us if you can!
In Christ,
Rev. David Companik
Assistant Priest
St. Jonah Orthodox Church
2910 Spring Cypress Rd.
Spring, TX 77388
832-791-3344

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 10:41 PM Fr. David Companik via groups.io <davidcompanik=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
P.S. I forgot to include the address for the clinic:
Planned Parenthood
4600 Gulf Fwy # 300
Houston, TX 77023

In Christ,
Rev. David Companik
Assistant Priest
St. Jonah Orthodox Church
2910 Spring Cypress Rd.
Spring, TX 77388
832-791-3344

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021, 2:21 PM David Companik <davidcompanik@...> wrote:
Dear parish family,
With Fr. John's blessing, Matushka Jennifer and I have volunteered on behalf of St. Jonah's to participate in the 40 Days for Life Prayer Vigils outside the Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Houston. (Learn more about the 40 Days for Life organization here: https://www.40daysforlife.com/en/)

On Tuesday September 28th, 8:30 to 10:30 AM, and again on Tuesday October 12th, 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM, I will lead those present in the service of the "Akathist to the Mother of God, Softener of Evil Hearts", and the "Akathist for the Repose of the Departed". Even if you can't attend both days, or for the full 2 hours, you and your family are most welcome to join us.

Parking will be on the street. We will not be interacting with Planned Parenthood staff or visitors, but peacefully praying for all.

Contact Matushka or me with any questions.

In Christ,
Rev. David Companik
Assistant Priest
St. Jonah Orthodox Church