Prayers for the Departed

Fr. David Companik

Dear Parish Family,

Please pray for the newly reposed Martin Amora, whom I met through prison ministry and baptized in the hospital a few months ago. He reposed last night in the hospital after a long struggle with heart problems. His wife and I were with him. Thank God, he confessed and communed, and then reposed while prayers for the departure of the soul were offered.
We are arranging now for the funeral. It is likely to be Monday morning, possibly Tuesday, at St. Jonah's. I will update you all as I know more this afternoon.
His non-Orthodox family is destitute and were planning to cremate him, but at his last request they will proceed with an Orthodox funeral and burial. Please consider making a donation to St. Jonah's to help with funeral expenses, which will be in the range of $5,000 - $6,000. May God bless you for your charity toward the departed Martin and his wife and children!

In Christ,
Rev. David Companik
Assistant Priest
St. Jonah Orthodox Church