JAWS Scripts build 47

Snowman

Version 47 of the JAWS scripts for REAPER are now posted at:

This build includes the following:
  1. Improvements in Braile display management when using the level meters.
  2. Enabled the j and k keys to be spoken, if configured,  when focused in a edit field.
  3.  Blocked jawsKey+DownArrow,  now does nothing.
  4.  Added control+jawsKey+t to toggle whether the braille display shows the cursor time.
  5.  Added Speak Selected Track or tracks, jawsKey+DownArrow
  6. prevent level meters from going beyond the end of the braille display.
  7. Media Explorer, after backspace,  did not focus back in the files list.
  8. minor improvements in speaking time for speech efficiency.
Please note: I do not always follow this list closely.  If you have any problem with these scripts,  please contact me directly at:
I am stil looking for example systems where the reported sluggishness problems can be reliably observed.

Listen to The Snowman on MushroomFM.com, Saturday evenings, 8PM Eastern time.
60's and 70's tunes, and gently conservative talk.

Scott Chesworth

Uncanny timing Jim. It's almost like you knew I'd just finished
installing 45 on someone's machine. :)

Scott

http://HeartOfIowa.net/~Snowman/reaper.html/

Snowman@...
I am stil looking for example systems where the reported sluggishness
problems can be reliably observed.

1..

Listen to The Snowman on MushroomFM.com, Saturday evenings, 8PM Eastern
time.
60's and 70's tunes, and gently conservative talk.

John Gurd

I’m getting an error message stating I don’t have permission to access the server. Anyone else?

John

[...]

  1.

Listen to The Snowman on MushroomFM.com, Saturday evenings, 8PM Eastern time.
60's and 70's tunes, and gently conservative talk.

David Engebretson Jr

Yes. I sent an offlist email to Snowman already.

Thanks!

[...]

David Reynolds

If you go into Reaper and press jawskey + U, you can get them that way,

Best,

David.

[...]

Faithville

what about a direct download link.

On 4/24/2021 5:15 PM, David Reynolds wrote:

[...]

Just be patient. I’m sure that Snowman will fix it soon.

Best,

David

[...]

OK,  this works here.  Try this:

[...]

Scot, yes, I am psychotic.

[...]

David,  thanks for reporting that.  I think it was a capitalization error.  Case matters to that server.

[...]

Brian Olesen

Hi Jim,

Awesome work you do for us. I am really really thankful for this!

Thank you all over the place!

Best regards

Brian

[...]

Hi david,

Great! Thanks!

Brian

[...]

HI again mr. Jim,

For what it’s worth here are my observations on the performance front.

In general Jaws seams a little bit more resource demanding on my i7 system than NVDA. This is I believe caused by the way Jaws is build on older Visual Studio elements and such.

I haven’t observed that your scripts in particular causes any speed problems here.

In fact, when I just upgraded both to Reaper 6.28, and Scripts version 47 I discover a tiny little improvement, when I for example switch between tracks in a Komplete Kontrol only project.

But regardless of what I do NVDA always performs significantly better.

So to speak the truth I some times switch to NVDA, especially when I’m mixing and mastering.

But I still enjoy the extra functionality your scripts provides.

Best regards

Brian

[...]

I can't help noticing that Jim is only Mr Jim, whereas I am Sir Scott.
This doesn't seem smart. Did you not notice his post earlier in the
thread about being psychotic? :P

Scott

Snowman@... <mailto:Snowman@...>

I am stil looking for example systems where the reported sluggishness
problems can be reliably observed.

1.

Listen to The Snowman on MushroomFM.com, Saturday evenings, 8PM Eastern
time.
60's and 70's tunes, and gently conservative talk.

Brian Olesen

Hahahaha
I just wanted to stress him a bit further. Grin

Brian

[...]

Steve Nutt

Yep, just forwarded it to Jim.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

[...]

Hi,

I don’t like that method, because it brute forces it to go to the wrong downloads folder, or should I say the default downloads folder in Windows, as opposed to the one I have set in Windows 10.

Bit more work to track it down.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services