Re: WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc5

Joe

Hi Alex,

On 5/2/2019 2:01 PM, Alex - YO9HP via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Bill (G4WJS),
Some questions related to your last statement about FT8:
*" We have changed the FT8 modulation in v2.1.0 to GFSK like the FT4 scheme, this should increase the channel capacity if everyone upgrades when the final GA release of v2.1.0 rolls out. I hope you will agree that these modes and protocols are doing a pretty good job on maximizing the traffic capacity per bandwidth on the HF Amateur bands."*
Do you mean that the new FT8 (GFSK) will not be compatible with the actual FT8 (8-FSK)? So, I assume that, after V2.1.0 will be released, we have to migrate all to the new FT8 (GFSK). No complaints, as long it will perform better...
73, Alex YO9HP
No, it is compatible. Anyone using FT8 now, in WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc5, is already transmitting a GFSK signal, and it is cleaner than signals transmitted by WSJT-X 2.0.1.

There is a very small loss of sensitivity -- less than 0.2 dB -- for "cross-version" decoding of a 2.1.0 signal by a 2.0.1 decoder, and vice-versa.

-- 73, Joe, K1JT

Join rttydigital@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.