Topics

RQuantLib 0.4.7

Dirk Eddelbuettel

A new release 0.4.7 has been submitted to the CRAN incoming queue! Big thanks
everybody for the help and input -- it is good that we figured this one out.

Now we "just" have to shame a macOS user into helping us with a mac binary
library build and we'd be all set.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | @edd

shrektan

I have a Mac... How can I help? Build a mac binary of the RQuantLib package with R3.5.1?

Xianying

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 10 December 2018 at 06:14, shrektan wrote:
| I have a Mac... How can I help? Build a mac binary of the RQuantLib package with R3.5.1?

Woooot.

We can wire James in (CC'ed, not subscribed here [yet?]) who knows a little
about macOS and R, and how Simon's repo works -- it is at
https://github.com/s-u/recipes
and works differently from Jeroen's setup for windows.

As I understand it, the task is to work out a 'recipe' so that Simon can then
build a library based on the recipe. After that 'R CMD INSTALL ...' takes
over so our current src/Makevars should work.

For RQuantLib the difficulty may be in getting (parts of) Boost along with
QuantLib itself built. The good news is that "merely" a static library an
dheaders are needed.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | @edd