Topics

Good news on the RQuantLib status

Dirk Eddelbuettel

Quick update: Josh's excellent work on the new library stood up to all tests
he and I could throw at it, and is by now in the official location at
github's rwinlib/quantlib repository.

Given the testing Josh and I have done, I also updated the RQuantLib
repository. The new branch 'feature/restore_windows' contains new candidate
changes which restore the Windows functionality.

Additional testing would be welcome (but may not be needed so if you're short
on time don't kill yourself). I think my plan right now is to give us some
time over the weekend to review and polish whatever needs polishing, and then
come Monday we should be in a good position to push this to CRAN.

So with that big thanks already to everybody for testing and helping, with a
particular to Josh for getting us a new library built but also to Shrektan
for testing.

Give it a spin if you have time and report back (here or via issue tickets)
with suggested changes, repairs, extensions. I really hope we can take all
this good energy and use it make RQuantLib better overall now that we have
the important Windows deployment back.

Cheers, Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | @edd

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 7 December 2018 at 16:08, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| Quick update: Josh's excellent work on the new library stood up to all tests
| he and I could throw at it, and is by now in the official location at
| github's rwinlib/quantlib repository.
|
| Given the testing Josh and I have done, I also updated the RQuantLib
| repository. The new branch 'feature/restore_windows' contains new candidate
| changes which restore the Windows functionality.

This is now also pull request #126 at
https://github.com/eddelbuettel/rquantlib/pull/126

Dirk