Re: RQuantLib v4.0.0 for Ubuntu 20

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 16 May 2020 at 04:59, John Paul Broussard wrote:
| That's what's driving me crazy. My R works on everything. My QuantLib also appears to work - I tested it out using the example shown on the QuantLib.org site.  Rcpp loads, and appears to be working.  RQuantLib is the version you indicate, and it also appears to be working as well, it simply crashes at the very ending of the install:
|
| | ** testing if installed package can be loaded from temporary location
| | Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘RQuantLib’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
| | unable to load shared object '/home/fibrou/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/00LOCK-RQuantLib/00new/RQuantLib/libs/RQuantLib.so':
| | /home/fibrou/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/00LOCK-RQuantLib/00new/RQuantLib/libs/RQuantLib.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8QuantLib4Date11monthOffsetENS_5MonthEb

Well, sorry to be blunt but we are going in circles. You have not supplied
new information I can act on here.

| | Error: loading failed
| | Execution halted
| | ERROR: loading failed
| | * removing ‘/home/fibrou/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/RQuantLib’
|
| I do not understand the error:
|
| | Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘RQuantLib’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
| | unable to load shared object '/home/fibrou/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/00LOCK-RQuantLib/00new/RQuantLib/libs/RQuantLib.so':
| | /home/fibrou/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/00LOCK-RQuantLib/00new/RQuantLib/libs/RQuantLib.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8QuantLib4Date11monthOffsetENS_5MonthEb
|
| If there is an "undefined symbol" I am not sure how to address the issue other than to fully remove QuantLib 1.18, which I believe I have done, but I must not have.  I am following all the steps on the QuantLib.org install page (even though it references version 1.14), and I have reinstalled 3x now.  I can only figure there is a "broken" link in the QuantLib install referenced in a /bin or /etc or other directory that I am missing when removing 1.18.

_How_ did you install QuantLib?

Obviously from the above your build of RQuantLib is unhappy about the
QuantLib used. I showed you in my last email that I using a prebuilt binary,
availble for the world to use too via the Launchpad PPA.

Am I guessing correctly that you are using a locally compiled one?

| Is there a way to perform a "purge" similar to "sudo apt purge..." ?

Purge of what?

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | @edd