Robust Packet Radio firstname.lastname@example.orgJOINING: Unless it is obvious from your email address be sure to set your username to include your callsign. You can set your callsign under your account settings (upper right), Account, Identity, then save/update. Please review this section and the notes below in full before joining.
This Robust Packet Radio Group is devoted to supporting and advancing the use of Robust Packet (RP) radio protocol and gear on the HF bands. This includes the following RP enabled modems:
SCS Tracker DSP TNC
SCS PTC controllers that support RP.
SCS DR-7400 & DR-7800 Dragon Pactor modems with RP enabled firmware.
WinRPR software modem*
* These projects and associated software/hardware modems are "alpha" in nature (not even beta) and in initial development stages. As such, they are for advanced packet ops comfortable with working with such gear/software modems. Not suitable for beginners or those needing things to be plug-n-play.
We are not a general packet radio or Pactor group. Other groups exist to serve those interests.
If you are an amateur radio operator interested in experimenting with the HF Robust Packet radio protocol, feel free to join up. Most discussion revolves around HF RP APRS, RP BBS systems, RP keyboarding/chat, and related software. This mailing list is open but restricted* to licensed amateur radio operators.
10.1473 MHz USB dial is the primary global RP APRS frequency. There are several full-time I-gates active on this QRG in NOAM and EU, but more are needed.
NOTE 1: Keep content clean, family friendly, and at least halfway relevant to robust packet radio operations/gear. No politics or religious discussions allowed. Vigorous respectful debate of a topic/idea is one thing, but personal attacks will get you banned.
NOTE 2: Unless it is obvious from your email address be sure to set your Groups.io username to include your callsign. Otherwise your membership may be rejected as for all the list admins know you could be a spammer or malware link spreader trying to join. Some validation checks will be ran, but the list admins are not going to waste valuable time on those that can't follow basic instructions.
NOTE 3: Due to a handful of folks wasting list admin time by constantly unsubscribing and later rejoining, there are no automatic rejoins. With a preference towards those noted as active on the robust packet airwaves, software devs, and those that contribute to robust packet versus just "lurk" on the sidelines, one rejoin will allowed after you contact the list owner at email@example.com explaining what happened. If a particularly busy thread is bugging you then just "mute" it using the link provided at the end. Put bluntly, please don't join a mailing list if you don't want to get emails and participate in a productive way.
NOTE 4: What if my email address changes? Just login to your Groups.io account, click on Account, and change it there. Should be NBD, but if you have issues promptly contact the list owner..
- 230 Members
- 330 Topics , Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- Post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe: email@example.com
- Unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Owner: email@example.com
- Help: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members cannot edit their messages.