#cdm #cdm1250 CDM AAM25SH works ar 443MHz? #cdm #cdm1250

Dan Woodie

Duane,

There are ways CDMs can be programmed out of band, however when you move significantly outside the factory band split you are beyond the calibration points so performance cannot be guaranteed and power out will likely be decreased (or could go high, exceeding the rating of the finals).

The CDM mobiles have gotten so cheap that finding a 403-470 split unit at a reasonable price should be easy.  If you only need one or two channels for use as a control receiver, etc then a CDM750 would be more than enough radio.  Same radio with a simpler control head.

You might be able to get more for the radio you have selling it to someone for commercial service that it may cost to purchase a low-UHF CDM.

While the challenge of such a mod is enticing unless you are specifically looking for said challenge and willing to risk bricking the radio and/or ending up with poor performance with the current market conditions for that model picking up a different unit is probably your best option.

Thanks,

Dan Woodie, CETsr
KC8ZUM

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020, 8:52 PM Duane KA1LM <selkie2@...> wrote:
I have a CDM mobile AAM25SH I need on 443MHz. The brochure says 450-- and up. Will it work on 443MHz without issues?
Thanks, 73,
Duane KA1LM

Duane KA1LM