sale of tapes

Michael K

Edited

I'm slowly divesting of tapes I rarely listen to, as well as duplicates in my collection. Here's one Bel Canto 2-track just listed. Retail price of this tape in 1958 was $11.95 ($114 in today's dollars.) According to Bel Canto, it was recorded on an Ampex 350 using 2 Telefunken U-247 microphones, and duplicated 1:1 on an Ampex 3200-C master/slave unit using Scotch 111 1.5 mil acetate base tape.

More tapes will be offered. Click on "See other items" to link to others. The 4-track Concertapes of Bartok is a terrific tape as well ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294534883280

charles452003

Its good for such an old tape that it is labeled to be an inline two track tape, and not staggered.

Norm

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 07:50:05 AM CST, Michael K <mkaplan22@...> wrote:

I'm slowly divesting of tapes I rarely listen to, as well as duplicates in my collection. Here's one 2-track just listed. More to come. Click on "See other items" to link to others. The 4-track Concertapes of Bartok is a terrific tape as well ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294534883280

Michael K

I didn't notice the INLINE designation. I think Bel Canto abandoned the STAGGERED format when it switched from generic boxes to those with title-specific designs.