Record price for Columbia classical tape

Michael K

Edited

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403215265901

Aside from Kind of Blue on reel, this is the highest price I've ever seen for a Columbia 2-track tape. I've never heard it, so I wonder how the sonics are.

mibm@...

Hi Michael

I think you are right for classical tapes.
Also I note the amazing fact that one specimen of this release was sold on oct 10. And then another two specimen on oct 12 - the one you found and another where seller accepted best offer.

This tape is a 2-track Columbia jazz tape, also from 1957, which sold for $670. Used but in great shape according to the pictures.

Meanwhile 4-track tapes from the other - and equally scarce - end of the prerecorded reel tape era, hardly a month ago this Born in the U.S.A. tape with Bruce Springsteen sold for $1425 - Mint and sealed.
Even if I had that kind of money to blow I would not buy it, as I would buy to play and not buy just to have.

-Mikkel