From: "real-shepperd via Groups.Io"
To: reeltoreel@groups.io
Sent: Friday November 8 2019 12:01:52PM
Subject: [reeltoreel] Plastic/take-up reels

I'm still looking for the plastic take-up reels in 10.5".  I've given up on the metal, they got crazy expensive. I don't care if they're non-NAB style center hubs.....I can use either style.

And is there a source anymore for the empty boxes (assuming I can score some 10.5" plastic reels)?

Amazon has them for $10ea from a vendor, not eligible for Prime. That's a bit stiff for quantity and my budget. .

Kevin
_._,__,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#10) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

Christian Vandecasteele

I have purchased boxes from here in the past:
https://reelworldtapeproducts.com

Christian

Dan Nelson

Hello Kevin and company……
I have several hundred  10.5inch plastic reels with small spindle hole.  Make an offer 1-100  that will work within your budget. Sorry i don’t have any boxes.
I also have 5 & 7 inch reels some with tape some empty   same price for either  you just pay a little more shipping with tape which is 1.5mil.
contact me at; mail@...
cordially
don ward

On Nov 8, 2019, at 9:01 AM, real-shepperd via Groups.Io <shoeihell@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I'm still looking for the plastic take-up reels in 10.5".  I've given up on the metal, they got crazy expensive. I don't care if they're non-NAB style center hubs.....I can use either style.

And is there a source anymore for the empty boxes (assuming I can score some 10.5" plastic reels)?

Amazon has the reels for $10ea from a vendor, not eligible for Prime. That's a bit stiff for quantity and my budget. .

Kevin

Thanks Don & Paul....I'll contact you when I'm ready. I'm doing back taxes now and will have some money coming in. I've got a big box of Maxell 35-90B 7" reels and my plan is to erase everything and make one splice for 10.5 reels. Kind of a Franken way to go, but should work. And that will leave me with a ton of empty 7" reels....lol.

Christian, I went to that link and thanks.....never heard of that outfit before. They have some new white boxes for 10.5" reels with the NAB hub center holders. They say they are removable, but I should verify first.  Very much interested in Don's stash of small spindle hole 10.5" reels.

Kevin

mibm@...

Hi Kevin

Usually the NAB hub is a piece of round plastic pushed into a sheet of cardboard which can be taken out if the reel does not have the NAB center opening. Do hold on to it as you can't buy those inserts from any stores later.

-Mikkel

Thanks Don & Paul....I'll contact you when I'm ready. I'm doing back taxes now and will have some money coming in. I've got a big box of Maxell 35-90B 7" reels and my plan is to erase everything and make one splice for 10.5 reels. Kind of a Franken way to go, but should work. And that will leave me with a ton of empty 7" reels....lol.

Christian, I went to that link and thanks.....never heard of that outfit before. They have some new white boxes for 10.5" reels with the NAB hub center holders. They say they are removable, but I should verify first.  Very much interested in Don's stash of small spindle hole 10.5" reels.

Kevin

Edited

Mikkel,
I examined and old 10.5 RMG box and yes, the metal NAB insert is just pushed through a cardboard sheet....very easy to remove both or just the metal insert. I guess I just never paid any attention to how they did that before.

Mixing and matching the small center reels and the NAB centers reels isn't a game breaker for me...I really don't care other than it would be nice to have the majority of the reels one way or the other.

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Usually the NAB hub is a piece of round plastic pushed into a sheet of cardboard which can be taken out if the reel does not have the NAB center opening. Do hold on to it as you can't buy those inserts from any stores later.

-Mikkel

TapeNut

This link no longer works. Seems that site is down permanently.