From: rdaworld@groups.io <rdaworld@groups.io> On Behalf Of ra3r
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2022 10:16 AM
To: rdaworld@groups.io
Subject: [rdaworld] RDA - plans for the near future

Dear friends!

It was decided to transfer the entire RDA database and further development on the Hamlog.online platform.

Due to the fact that the volume of the proposed work is quite large, the timing of the resumption of all RDA functions will be divided into several stages.

All information will be brought here, on the RDA forum and in the corresponding topic on QRZ.RU

Mike ZooLoo

I hope you are also able to bring over the interactive maps. Thanks for your hard work.

73,
Jim (AA0MZ)

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 2:15 PM ra3r <rdaward@...> wrote:
Dear friends!

It was decided to transfer the entire RDA database and further
development on the Hamlog.online platform.

Due to the fact that the volume of the proposed work is quite large, the
timing of the resumption of all RDA functions will be divided into
several stages.

All information will be brought here, on the RDA forum and in the
corresponding topic on QRZ.RU

Evgeny Glukhov <voljsky@...>

Hello.

Yes,  I have talked with Roman about it.

First stage: we have to restore and migrate data from the available backup.

I am going to be inform community about successful steps.

73! de W1UAA
HAMLOG.online

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022, 10:29 PM Mike ZooLoo <aa0mz.usa@...> wrote:
I hope you are also able to bring over the interactive maps. Thanks for your hard work.

73,
Jim (AA0MZ)

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 2:15 PM ra3r <rdaward@...> wrote:
Dear friends!

It was decided to transfer the entire RDA database and further
development on the Hamlog.online platform.

Due to the fact that the volume of the proposed work is quite large, the
timing of the resumption of all RDA functions will be divided into
several stages.

All information will be brought here, on the RDA forum and in the
corresponding topic on QRZ.RU

Giuseppe Giunta

Ciao,
well done Roman, thanks!
73 Giù, IT9VDQ

Il lun 5 dic 2022, 21:15 ra3r <rdaward@...> ha scritto:
Dear friends!

It was decided to transfer the entire RDA database and further
development on the Hamlog.online platform.

Due to the fact that the volume of the proposed work is quite large, the
timing of the resumption of all RDA functions will be divided into
several stages.

All information will be brought here, on the RDA forum and in the
corresponding topic on QRZ.RU

Eugene Glukhov

Hello, folks.

As I promised some time ago, updates about migration. We successfully did the first stage, conversion and restoring data from the July backup, and now making the second stage: migration of old data to Hamlog data storage.
I hope we will have finished the second stage by Wednesday or Thursday.

Then we will reopen the RDA section on Hamlog with this data and continue adding other features.

Stay tuned. Thanks for your patience.

73! de W1UAA
hamlog.online

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 10:57 PM Eugene Glukhov <voljsky@...> wrote:
[...]

Still working.
Stay tuned, good news coming soon.

W1UAA

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 10:53 AM Eugene Glukhov <eg@...> wrote:
[...]

Alex IV3KKW

Eugene,

   thank you for your work.

What will be for all the records from July until today ?

I am a bit worried that something will be lost, I hope to be wrong.

At today on Hamlog I have more than 300 RDAs missing !

73s Alex IV3KKW

[...]

Immagine rimossa dal mittente.

SM6LRR

Just relax guys. I am sure Roman and Eugene is doing all in their power to restore as much as possible.

Everybody is missing a lot at this time. Me over 400 RDAs. Take a cup of tea, work some RDAs and rest assured that it will be as good as possible.

Even if we end up missing a few RDAs, this is not the end of the world. Work them again.

Sometimes we forget this is a hobby....

73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022, 14:03 Alex IV3KKW <iv3kkw@...> wrote:

[...]

Mats,

  I am relaxed and confident 😊

[...]

IZ7AUE - Antonio

I agree with Mats, no need to worry.
Let’s just try to help them to move everything easily and smoothly.
No need to put pressure on them with our concerns, they are doing
for sure a big work and they are doing great.
😊
Antonio

[...]

<~WRD0000.jpg>

Eugene Glukhov

Hello, folks.

We migrated data from database backup about 10 days ago and prepared other features. I think it was about 75% ready. For example, we prepared a QSL  scan upload feature.
Next step was restarting HAMLOG data  based on rules and other information, such as most wanted statistics, and etc.

But a couple hours ago the manager of the award requested us stop all work on RDA. Manager rules, so we stop all work on RDA on the HAMLOG.

I don't know about the reasons for the decision but many Russian amateurs were against using HAMLOG for RDA, because HAMLOG is an American web site, managed by a domestic New Hampshire company. I have read some local forums and maillists from Russia about it.
I don't think Roman was influenced by their opinions, his opinion is strong. Definitely, he knows what to do.

I hope Roman is gonna inform you about his plans.

Anyway HAMLOG.online is open for any amateur radio awards, for short-term and long-term awards. We have many features for award managers, and HAMLOG is free for use.

73! de W1UAA, Eugene.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 7:55 AM Antonio <iz7aue@...> wrote:
[...]

ra3r

Dear friends!
Absolutely no policy, no matter where the person or server is located.
I am grateful to Eugeny for the work done, for the help offered.
And I hope for further cooperation.
All information will be available later.

02.01.2023 8:57, Eugene Glukhov пишет:

[...]

Dino

Well, hello and HNY.

Few days ago I have checked my RDA status on Hamlog and I miss about 700 rda.
If you migrated all data, as you said, that is not correct.
Hamlog shows about 1850, but I have 2606 confirmed.
I would not rely on Hamlog data.

Best 73 Dino, 9A2NO

https://hamlog.online

[...]

<http://x7wz0.mjt.lu/lnk/AUYAAAYqCAMAAAAAAAAAAJQrA9QAAAAANBsAAAAAABcT5gBjm_4eizRyprXZQAmI27pqxWyMvwAWros/1/dEEyLzAQYWnhOkc4Rmy-5g/aHR0cDovL1FSWi5SVQ>

<~WRD0000.jpg>

Eugene Glukhov

It was a data from July 2022 backup of mydx, not more.
Obviously it miss new slots for period August - November.

We wanted to use hamlog qso data to add slots for period, but didn't finish. I planned finish it by the end of this week.  But now we can't due manager decision.

Sorry about that.
We proudly hard worked on it.

73 de W1UAA

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023, 1:09 AM Dino <davorin.istvanovic@...> wrote:
Well, hello and HNY.

Few days ago I have checked my RDA status on Hamlog and I miss about 700
rda.
If you migrated all data, as you said, that is not correct.
Hamlog shows about 1850, but I have 2606 confirmed.
I would not rely on Hamlog data.

Best 73 Dino, 9A2NO

On 02.01.23. 06:57, Eugene Glukhov wrote:
> Hello, folks.
>
> We migrated data from database backup about 10 days ago and prepared other
> features. I think it was about 75% ready. For example, we prepared a QSL
> scan upload feature.
> Next step was restarting HAMLOG data  based on rules and other information,
> such as most wanted statistics, and etc.
>
> But a couple hours ago the manager of the award requested us stop all work
> on RDA. Manager rules, so we stop all work on RDA on the HAMLOG.
>
> I don't know about the reasons for the decision but many Russian amateurs
> were against using HAMLOG for RDA, because HAMLOG is an American web
> site, managed by a domestic New Hampshire company. I have read some
> local forums and maillists from Russia about it.
> I don't think Roman was influenced by their opinions, his opinion is
> strong. Definitely, he knows what to do.
>
> I hope Roman is gonna inform you about his plans.
>
> Anyway HAMLOG.online is open for any amateur radio awards, for short-term
> and long-term awards. We have many features for award managers, and HAMLOG
> is free for use.
>
> 73! de W1UAA, Eugene.
> https://hamlog.online
>
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 7:55 AM Antonio <iz7aue@...> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Mats, no need to worry.
>> Let’s just try to help them to move everything easily and smoothly.
>> No need to put pressure on them with our concerns, they are doing
>> for sure a big work and they are doing great.
>> 😊
>> Antonio
>>
>> Il giorno 16 dic 2022, alle ore 12:03, Alex IV3KKW <iv3kkw@...> ha
>> scritto:
>>

>> Eugene,
>>
>>     thank you for your work.
>>

>> What will be for all the records from July until today ?
>>

>> I am a bit worried that something will be lost, I hope to be wrong.
>>

>> At today on Hamlog I have more than 300 RDAs missing !
>>

>> 73s Alex IV3KKW

Giuseppe Giunta

Ciao Dino,

sorry for trouble and HNY! I saw your mail on RDA group and I have just a question: how to use Hamlog to see RDA situation? I looked carefully at the two menus on the left, but I can't find anything that can show me the situation of my RDA... Could you tell me how you do it? Thank you!

73 Giu, IT9VDQ  -  one of IB9T

[...]

Hello Giu and HNY!

Hamlog stoped all RDA informations and now yoe can not see anything. Sorry

Best 73 Dino, 9A2NO

[...]

That is very disappointing to hear, Eugene. After a request was sent out I donated $100 via iz7aue paypal. I don't know if this money went to Hamlog or if it is being used somewhere else.  I hope it was not wasted money.

Last I saw on Hamlog my totals were at 457.  Just before mydx.eu went down my totals were 533.  I thought you were still moving data but you say data was completely moved.  I'm not sure what happened here.

You must also be disappointed to have put in all that work and then have the plug pulled. For the Russians that complained, they will hopefully have a solution and not just be noise makers.

Happy New Year !
Jim (AA0MZ)

On Sun, Jan 1, 2023 at 11:58 PM Eugene Glukhov <eg@...> wrote:
[...]

Hello,  Jim.

We didn't ask any donations for HAMLOG, I mean for RDA migration.
And HAMLOG got 0 for RDA. We made it as a help for RDA.
Yes,  we accept contributions from our users in account,  and you can see all contributions in account.
HAMLOG has enough server resources.

We planned use 3 sources - mydx backup, hamlog data and results of 2022 rda contest.
We almost did all changes for restarting.
The main features might be finished by the end of the week.
And then only additional features,  look like specific ratings and statistics.

But now it's a waste of time.  Our team spent a few dozens hours for this.

Good luck to Roman.
It's a good lesson for the future :=)

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023, 2:43 AM Mike ZooLoo <aa0mz.usa@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi guys,
what I am reading today sound very sad, and honestly
I can not understand what is going on.
I was a very active RDA hunter but now I am a bit
sad about the current situation, because hunting for
RDA without a tracking software/website is almost impossible (for me).
Roman is a very serious person, so I am waiting
for his official updates, as all of us I suppose.
From my side, I can just say all the donations (including mine),
went to the award manager.

73 de Antonio - IZ7AUE.