R7PKS/P IN-08 IN-09

Danny Van Tricht ON4VT

Sultan did it again !     From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as OK4VT.  Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to call him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

aadu.adok

Hello RDA hunters!

It seems to be a fact of life that activators sometimes log wrong callsigns.

I'm thinking about making our lives a bit easier in that regard.
There's a activator/RDA page for every region, for example R7PKS in IN-08:

Sultan (one again) got Danny's callsign wrong (OK4VT instead of ON4VT).
So I'm thinking of the solution where mydx would show 'claim' link when there's a fair overlap with your own callsign, say 50% matches.

It would look something like:

claim.PNG

Hunter would click on 'claim' and someone on mydx side would periodically check the 'claimed qsos' and decides whether to approve the claim or not.
This way you guys wouldnt need to send "pls fix my qso" email every time :)

Thoughts?

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 8:39 PM Danny Van Tricht ON4VT <on4vt@...> wrote:
Sultan did it again !     From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as OK4VT.  Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to call him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Dino

Well Dany, Aduu..

I think that anyone, deeply involved in RDA award program should learn basic Russian spelling.
Sultan is not the only one. Many Russian stations work using only Russian spelling.
What about RDA contest, RDX contest.
You don't have to speak Russian but we should learn basic spelling.

That is my opinion and I do so. Aduu thanks for you efforst to understand the problem

Best regards, NHL
Dino, 9A2NO

https://mydx.eu/?activator=R7PKS&id=IN-08

Sultan (one again) got Danny's callsign wrong (OK4VT instead of ON4VT).
So I'm thinking of the solution where mydx would show 'claim' link when
there's a fair overlap with your own callsign, say 50% matches.

It would look something like:

[image: claim.PNG]

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 8:39 PM Danny Van Tricht ON4VT <on4vt@telenet.be>
wrote:

Sultan did it again ! From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT. Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to call him
in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Dino

Sorry.... Aadu not Aduu... hi

73 Dino, 9A2NO

wrote:

Sultan did it again !     From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT.  Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to call him
in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Lars Henneberg

Hello all

WHY CAN'S RUSSIAN STATIONS NOT USE THE INTERNATIONAL ALPHABET WHEN ALL OTHER NATIONS CAN?

VY 73 de OZ1HPS

Lars Henneberg
Toften 18
7323 Give
Denmark
+45 20713594

wrote:

Sultan did it again ! From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT. Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to call
him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Lars Henneberg

To me, it seems like the Russians are crackingly indifferent to whether others understand them. They have enough in themselves.
99% of radio amateurs worldwide can make themselves understood in English.
Vy 73 de OZ1HPS - Lars

wrote:

Sultan did it again ! From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT. Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to
call him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Dino

C'mon guys.
Why anyone sholud learn internationll spelling???
That is CW but not PHONE.

73 Dino, 9A2NO

wrote:

Sultan did it again ! From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT. Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to
call him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Lars Henneberg

When Russian stations will have a contact to other stations they can talk english and use the international spelling.
73 de Lars

wrote:

Sultan did it again ! From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT. Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to
call him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Dino

Who said they want to? Or must to!
You want work him ... so learn how to work him.

73 Dino

wrote:

Sultan did it again ! From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT. Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to
call him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Lars Henneberg

I dont want to work amateurs who don't speak English, or perhaps they have to learn Danish for talking with me.

wrote:

Sultan did it again ! From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT. Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to
call him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

aadu.adok

Guys,

This discussion deviates too far from original topic.
Knowledge of foreign languages is inversely proportional to the population of that country.

In smaller EU countries pretty much everybody speaks english. In Russia - most hams do, some dont.
In China and US - nobody speaks a foreign language.

So, lets stop this discussion that wont fix the world and wont get us anywhere.
This is what makes RDA program even more challenging  - if you want to get past 2500, you need to learn how to spell your callsign in russian (in order to work some rare Caucasian regions with R7PKS).

Cheers and 73,
Aadu
ES1TU

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021, 9:32 PM Dino <davorin.istvanovic@...> wrote:
Who said they want to? Or must to!
You want work him ... so learn how to work him.

73 Dino

On 22.09.2021. 20:14, Lars Henneberg wrote:
> When Russian stations will have a contact to other stations they can talk english and use the international spelling.
> 73 de Lars

Lars Henneberg

If thats the way, i’ll stop working RDA,

For example, pilots have to use English and international phonetic letters all over the world, why should it be different for an international hobby like ours. Why should special consideration be given because it is Russia?

73 Lars

This discussion deviates too far from original topic.

Knowledge of foreign languages is inversely proportional to the population of that country.

In smaller EU countries pretty much everybody speaks english. In Russia - most hams do, some dont.

In China and US - nobody speaks a foreign language.

So, lets stop this discussion that wont fix the world and wont get us anywhere.

This is what makes RDA program even more challenging  - if you want to get past 2500, you need to learn how to spell your callsign in russian (in order to work some rare Caucasian regions with R7PKS).

Cheers and 73,

Aadu

ES1TU

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021, 9:32 PM Dino <davorin.istvanovic@...> wrote:

Who said they want to? Or must to!
You want work him ... so learn how to work him.

73 Dino

On 22.09.2021. 20:14, Lars Henneberg wrote:
> When Russian stations will have a contact to other stations they can talk english and use the international spelling.
> 73 de Lars

Dino

I agree, GL to everyone and NHF to anyone.

Best 73, Dino

wrote:

Sultan did it again ! From IN-08 and IN-09 today he logged me as
OK4VT. Can you please correct for both references?

It's hard to log him as he barely speaks English. Always have to
call him in Russian, but my Russian is very poor !

Thanks in advance

Danny ON4VT

Danny Van Tricht ON4VT

RDA chasers

I'm doing my bloody best to express me in the language the operator speaks. If I'm running a pile up (I'm doing a lot of WWFF WCA LH activities as OT4V/p) I even try to answer in the language of the caller.  Many years ago RK3DT visited me and learned me to say my call in Russian : Olga Nikolay Sjetire Zuk Tamara .  99% of the Russians understand.  Does Sultan log on paper and later convert it to PC?  I think so ... he logged ON4VT as OK4VT and OH4VT so far .... with "K" and "H" written coming close to "N"  So might be a matter of not able reading own handwriting too.
The CLAIM button sounds a good option, even though it's useful for a small minority of calls.  QSL managers (like M0OXO) have a general button on their web called "Busted calls". Pushing it displays a fill in form where you have to fill in the QSO data of the wrong logged QSO. In this way the database manager can control also the QSO date time etc. Just wishful thinking ...

73 Danny ON4VT aka OT4V

HA3LN

Hi Aadu,

This can be a good solution for busted calls.
Tricky part might be when 2x calls are different only in a single letter but I don't think this can be an issue.

Regarding the Russian only speaking operators.
Sultan confirmed 36 RDA areas for me. I will learn to speak in "binary" if needed if other common channel is not be available.

However I can spell only my callsign/59 and SPB/DSW.
I usually have big trouble when Sultan calls for specific areas and I could not get straight away what he means...
Uncomfortable to be an alligator with putting Hariton Anna 3 when he called for "Семь" :-D

...but this is part of the game...

73!
Csaba HA3LN