RDA champions of 2021, 11 weeks to go

aadu.adok

Privet RDA-shniki!

Ne tak mnogo ostalos etava goda. Primerno 11 nedelei. Posmotrim kak dela s "tsempionami goda".

U ohotnikov nakonets to v troiku silneisih borolsja F5BZB. Rad videt shto nov6i tselovek v dvizenii RDA (v janvare u neva b6lo vsevo 582) tak serjozno zanimajetsja s programmoi!
Posmotrim sumejet li RA9AJ derzhat liderstvo do kontsa goda.

EN: very happy to see that Eric (F5BZB) finally made it to 3rd place! He's relatively new in RDA (had 582 cfmd in the beginning of year). Amazing job! Meanwhile, SP9RXP is trying
really hard to catch RA9AJ. We are all interested to see what will be final RDA count of the winner in the evening of 31-st December.
I never thought one could wkd/cfmd more than 1500 RDA's per year - oh boy, was I wrong or what :)

hunter.PNG

U aktivatorah proishoslo revolutsija!

Oleg, RK3AW, nakonets to pokazal iz kakova materjala (zelezo-beton) sdelan6 moskvitsi. On sdelal reshiteln6i pror6v v storonu juga i v6shel na pervoe mesto!
Oleg - molodets!
Do kontsa goda ostalos eshjo 2.5 mesjatsa. Berjom popcorn i posmotrim kakoi budet otvet Olegu ot uraltsev.

rk3aw.PNG

activator.PNG

HA3LN

Hi Aadu 'n All,

Yeah, really cool competition.
I'd be interesting in a short story/summary at the end of the year of top 3 guys about how they did it. Equipment used and especially the time invested into the RDA hunt. :-) ...just to see the goal to reach for 2022 race. :-)

RK3AW is making a big rush for taking the lead on activators' side but seeing UB8S plans (184 RDAs to be activated) I think this race is not finished.

@Aadu,
Do you know when RDAC credits will be uploaded?

Thanks and 73!
Csaba HA3LN

On 2021-10-04 09:23, aadu.adok wrote:
Privet RDA-shniki!
https://mydx.eu
Ne tak mnogo ostalos etava goda. Primerno 11 nedelei. Posmotrim kak dela s
"tsempionami goda".
U ohotnikov nakonets to v troiku silneisih borolsja F5BZB. Rad videt shto
nov6i tselovek v dvizenii RDA (v janvare u neva b6lo vsevo 582) tak
serjozno zanimajetsja s programmoi!
Posmotrim sumejet li RA9AJ derzhat liderstvo do kontsa goda.
EN: very happy to see that Eric (F5BZB) finally made it to 3rd place! He's
relatively new in RDA (had 582 cfmd in the beginning of year). Amazing job!
Meanwhile, SP9RXP is trying
really hard to catch RA9AJ. We are all interested to see what will be final
RDA count of the winner in the evening of 31-st December.
I never thought one could wkd/cfmd more than 1500 RDA's per year - oh boy,
was I wrong or what :)
[image: hunter.PNG]
U aktivatorah proishoslo revolutsija!
Oleg, RK3AW, nakonets to pokazal iz kakova materjala (zelezo-beton) sdelan6
moskvitsi. On sdelal reshiteln6i pror6v v storonu juga i v6shel na pervoe
mesto!
Oleg - molodets!
Do kontsa goda ostalos eshjo 2.5 mesjatsa. Berjom popcorn i posmotrim kakoi
budet otvet Olegu ot uraltsev.
[image: rk3aw.PNG]
[image: activator.PNG]
Attachments:
hunter.PNG: https://groups.io/g/rdaworld/attachment/612/0
activator.PNG: https://groups.io/g/rdaworld/attachment/612/1
rk3aw.PNG: https://groups.io/g/rdaworld/attachment/612/2

aadu.adok

Hello Csaba,

I'm willing to to whatever it takes to make RDA program more
interesting / enjoyable.

In this international group I'd like to get any feedback/ideas what
would you would like to see in 2022.
Keep 'Best hunter' or not? Split Russian/foreign into separate categories?

'Best activator of 2022' I'll discuss in russian mailinglist. They
have many ideas what to change in activator contest for 2022 :)

PS - UB8S doesnt 'plan' to activate 184 RDA's but he already 'has'
activated them.

73 and dont be shy to post your ideas here,
Aadu

On 2021-10-04 09:23, aadu.adok wrote:
Privet RDA-shniki!

https://mydx.eu

[...]

Oh,

Forgot regarding RDAC results - unfortunately UA9Q.. (who's doing the
bookkeeping) is moving super slowly.
We are still waiting for both, RDXC and RDAC results from him so we
could merge that data into mydx.

Perhaps we'll do RDAC judging ourselves next years to keep things
moving quickly.

On 2021-10-04 09:23, aadu.adok wrote:
Privet RDA-shniki!

https://mydx.eu

[...]

Alex IV3KKW <iv3kkw@...>

Hi Aadu,
I personally think that we must stop Best Hunter in 2022.
For these reasons :
1 - Now every activity has an enormous pileup of people who don't need that area but they're just collecting dupes.
2 - With this behavior, taking into account that some activators do only the minimum number of QSOs (100) to achieve the goal to have another activity valid for them, the majority of newcomers, and also those who really need that area as ATNO, lose the possibility to make a QSO.
3 - I already know new hunters that quit the RDA program due to the above reasons, and also for me that I am not in Russia to complete some difficult QSO (UA9-UA0 regions) are getting more and more difficult.

In the end, even if I can understand the will to increase the activity, I think that doing this kind of Marathons for RDA gets only the result to have few hunters happy, while the majority of new hunters with a little setup can't break the pileups and they decide to quit the program after a few weeks.

I hope you can understand my points.

My best 73s and thank you for all your great and valuable job.

Alex IV3KKW

On 2021-10-04 09:23, aadu.adok wrote:
Privet RDA-shniki!

https://mydx.eu

[...]

Alex,

I really appreciate your feedback and I do understand your concern.

On the other hand - if hunters wont chase some relativly easy RDA's then activators have no interest going there. Why drive  somewhere if there will be 10 callers?

No interest from hunters - activator interest will go down very quickly. So the question is - how do we keep BOTH camps interested?

Aadu

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021, 1:20 PM Alex IV3KKW <iv3kkw@...> wrote:
> [...]

> > Posmotrim sumejet li RA9AJ derzhat liderstvo do kontsa goda.
> >
> > EN: very happy to see that Eric (F5BZB) finally made it to 3rd
> > place! He's relatively new in RDA (had 582 cfmd in the beginning of year). Amazing job!
> > Meanwhile, SP9RXP is trying
> > really hard to catch RA9AJ. We are all interested to see what will
> > be final RDA count of the winner in the evening of 31-st December.
> > I never thought one could wkd/cfmd more than 1500 RDA's per year -
> > oh boy, was I wrong or what :)
> >

> > [image: hunter.PNG]
> >
> > U aktivatorah proishoslo revolutsija!
> >
> > Oleg, RK3AW, nakonets to pokazal iz kakova materjala (zelezo-beton)
> > sdelan6 moskvitsi. On sdelal reshiteln6i pror6v v storonu juga i
> > v6shel na pervoe mesto!
> > Oleg - molodets!
> > Do kontsa goda ostalos eshjo 2.5 mesjatsa. Berjom popcorn i
> > posmotrim kakoi budet otvet Olegu ot uraltsev.

...thanks Aadu for the quick response.

Really difficult to make both camp happy however I fully understand Alex's point. I have small setup too and usually I miss the slots against the big gun stns and cannot get into the 100 callers list.

Just ideas supporting the "compete or not to compete" question.

It is key to maintain the ambitions for activators, as the number of activated areas will drive the whole program both the hard core hunters and the newcomers as well.

Might the setup/distance be taken into consideration for both hunters and activators as well. Maybe worth more activator credits to pick a small stn. Fact, physics does not care too much on scoring systems tho. :-)

RA and non-RA category is good for starting point.

Re UB8S,
In according to the map it seems planned trip, doesn't it?
https://tnxqso.com/ub8s-p#/map

73!
Csaba HA3LN

On 2021-10-04 09:23, aadu.adok wrote:
Privet RDA-shniki!

https://mydx.eu

[...]

...sounds good, thanks.

73!
Csaba

On 2021-10-04 09:23, aadu.adok wrote:
Privet RDA-shniki!

https://mydx.eu

[...]

Csaba,

Yes, we have full October-November to figure out the change for 2022.
Then I'll have December to adjust mydx code to support the change.

UB8S - holy cow, I wasnt even aware that Tolja is about to depart into
new monster voyage :)
I'm pretty sure he's doing this in order to win 'Best RDA activator of 2021'.

So - we need to be smart and offer activators some
carrot/cookie/motivation to go driving thousands of km's, putting all
those RDA's on the air so we could work them.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 2:42 PM HA3LN <list@...> wrote:

...sounds good, thanks.

73!
Csaba

On 2021-10-04 09:23, aadu.adok wrote:
Privet RDA-shniki!

https://mydx.eu

[...]

...yes, this is a real "all-in" from UB8S :-)

73!
Csaba

On 2021-10-04 09:23, aadu.adok wrote:
Privet RDA-shniki!

https://mydx.eu

[...]

Iztok Saje

Hi!

Few comments:
Activators: Gena? Maybe we can call activator list: best activators beside UB5O?
Seriously: Maybe collective CALL activation can be counted for operator IF he is the only one operating?
R7AB and UB5O are not on the list.
Separate cathegory for multi OP operations?

RDAC: Maybe you can get raw LOGs from Russian stations and just upload them to mydx unedited?
Several already uploaded LOGs, so there is no need to wait for cross-checking.
I wait for few RDAs there.
Let then be slow with results.

2021 Champs: I hope to do 2000 RDA in one year. Like others, I started low (700+) in November, so there is not much DUPEs preventing
others to make QSO. And I am not in 2022 game:  doing 2000 RDA in a year once is enough,
IMHO impact od 9 band RDA (cfmrda) might be higher.
(BTW, hw about 50 MHz and 5 MHz?)
Aadu: it might be simple to check top 100 2021 hunters how much we duplicate.
Not to overlook: sometimes I go into pileup just because it is fun to work good operators. For examle, I worked Rk3AW several times
even if I do not need QSO for any DXCC/WPX/UL/RDA/whatever list.

I expect to get over 2000 RDA in 2021. Waiting for RDAC uploads, UB5O missing LOGs, some new RDA-peditions.
Even RA9AJ missed some: It seems to me 2500 can be done in two years. Aadu, can you extend "rare Rayon list" from 100 to 142 so we cn see
exct date when 2501th Rayon was QRV (conting only those who confirm).

Best 73, CU, DSW
Iztok, s52d

Andy - DL1DXX

Hi all,

I'm also new to RDA hunting (started 1st May this year) and now 1877 cfmd (1748 RDAs in 2021).
Please be aware, that sometimes 3 RDAs are actived - and only one is new for me. So do I have 2 duplicates?
If yes, I have no chance to avoid it...

73, Andy - DL1DXX