Ray Andrews Memorial Baseball League (RAMBL) email@example.com
This Strat-O-Matic league was founded in 1994 as the Nameless Baseball League (NBL)
and continued under that name for a decade. Following the 2003 season,
the NBL was in real danger of disintegrating as many managers dropped
out. The remaining managers were interested in continuing, but someone
had to step up and lead in the recruitment of new managers to carry on.
Ray Andrews, manager of the Oklahoma Outlaws, took the reins as League
Commissioner and was instrumental in keeping the NBL alive. He served as
Commissioner for many years following that and also helped to found a
sister league, the Winter League Baseball (WLB).
Ray suffered a massive heart attack in March 2017 and passed away
following heart surgery one month later.
Although Ray never won a league championship, his Outlaws did make it to
the 7th game of the World Series on four separate occasions only to
lose. He was a great competitor, but never complained when the ball
didn't bounce his way. He was even better at maintaining composure and
fairness in adjudicating matters as Commissioner. He was above all a
friend that we will never forget. On April 28, 2017, to honor his memory
and many contributions to the NBL, the league was renamed the Ray
Andrews Memorial Baseball League (RAMBL).
- 33 Members
- 10,073 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.