Topics

UP 1 Wisc Tax Dept 0

DupyRail

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2019/10/08/court-says-wisconsin-cant-charge-railroad-2-6-million-tax-software/3903557002/

--
"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web Page: www.dupyrail.com

$2,631,104 was just the tax on the software!?!  How much was the software?!?  I'm curious what software they are referring to... part of the software to implement the Positive Train Control which was also mandated by the government?  Does Wisconsin tax the trucking industry the same? (Apparently not.)

DupyRail

This is why Wisconsin is a tax hell.