Topics

Mid Continent RR Museum Under Water

DupyRail

https://www.midcontinent.org/live-webcam/

"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web Page: www.dupyrail.com

Ed Duke

That sucks! Surprised they didn't move the unit out of the water, looks like an Alco??? It is visible in the second web cam.

Ed

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 9:09 AM, DupyRail
<andymueller@...> wrote:

"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web Page:  www.dupyrail.com

Ugh.  It seemed like the museum had just become "whole" again from the last flood when the bridge finally got fixed, and now it starts all over again.

I don't suppose there's an abandon rail yard somewhere that the museum could acquire and start moving to over time?  I love the Baraboo/North Freedom location, but clearly mother nature does not.  Moving the museum, while an expensive pain-in-the-butt, seems like an easier solution than trying to control the river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fb6cJ7Hcq8

Stephen Whiting

That is a lot of water!

Sad to see the damage!