Topics

CN WC-14 PTC Test Car at Dupy Tonite

DupyRail

https://youtu.be/_gYGJBCZ52E

--
"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web Page: www.dupyrail.com

How does it test PTC?  Are there all sorts of mad scientists sitting inside of that caboose, analyzing data or something?

DupyRail

Yup
On 10/7/2018 8:47 PM, Todd M. Taylor wrote:
How does it test PTC?  Are there all sorts of mad scientists sitting inside of that caboose, analyzing data or something?

--
"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web Page:  www.dupyrail.com

Alan Schenkel

Unless they are testing hypotheses, they aren't scientists!

Mad engineers?  Probably not.

Mad rail technicians, sure.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 8:04 PM DupyRail <andymueller@...> wrote:
Yup
On 10/7/2018 8:47 PM, Todd M. Taylor wrote:
How does it test PTC?  Are there all sorts of mad scientists sitting inside of that caboose, analyzing data or something?

--
"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web Page:  www.dupyrail.com

Ed

I saw this train a few hours earlier Northbound on the main at N. Dupy, just before 13:00. Thanks for the explanation.

<<...>>

Ed Knueppel

Sussex, WI

DupyRail

This is a different one.  I one I saw had the WC14 WC/ACR caboose along with the CN1056.

On 10/8/2018 7:36 PM, Ed wrote:

I saw this train a few hours earlier Northbound on the main at N. Dupy, just before 13:00. Thanks for the explanation.

<<...>>

Ed Knueppel

Sussex, WI

--
"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web Page:  www.dupyrail.com

Ed

Andy, I wonder if they were running multiple tests in opposite directions, or running the two 'at' each other as some kind of functional check? This caboose unit was the ICG 199436.
Ed

DupyRail

Have no idea.