Re: [RailsWisconsin] Re: [TwinCityRails] Westbound Grain Train on the Minneapolis Sub

Stephen Whiting

Rod,

That's an interesting move! I wonder what the rest of the story is?

Did you see the Trains Classic article (last issue) about the passenger trip from Chicago up to Owen and then west on the Minneapolis Sub on SooLine? Great view of the 60's SooLine.

We are in MAIDEN ROCK this weekend, BNSF has the trains moving!

Have a good weekend!

Stephen Whiting
Hudson WI

On May 23, 2014 3:24 PM, "Rod Peters wcrailfan@... [railwis]" <railwis@...> wrote:

CN 2572, CN 2645, & IC 1003 east (56 x 28, 8578T, 5102') at Withrow (2:45pm) and heading for the siding at Downing Jct where they will meet the grain train west. The crews will swap trains and head back in the direction they came from.

Rod Peters
MP 401.51
Minneapolis Sub

On Friday, May 23, 2014 12:30 PM, "Rod Peters wcrailfan@... [TwinCityRails]" <TwinCityRails@...> wrote:

I just heard (12:20pm) the CN West Desk 13 RTC call signal maintainer Niel Nelson and foreman Tom Daffinson, asking them to clear up their authority on the Minneapolis Sub. The RTC told them that he wants a clear shot in about a half hour for a westbound grain train on the Minneapolis Sub. The RTC said the grain train is from Milwaukee. This will be interesting!

Rod Peters
MP 401.51
Minneapolis Sub

Join railwis@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.