Topics

Scratch built seigfried 1 72 scale railgun

Barry Price

Trying to send pics again . Will post more info if ok.
Bazer

nicholas robinson

pictures look fine - anything in higher resolution? Also any tips on building one ( any photos, useful sources for plans)?

martin hutton

Excellent . Send more detailed pics please . Did you work off drawings or Photos

On 1 May 2020, at 10:28, Barry Price <bazer.price47@...> wrote:

Trying to send pics again . Will post more info if ok.
Bazer
<sieg 2 015.jpg>
<sieg 2 017.jpg>

Joseph

Looks great.

Sincerely,

Joseph H. Ficor

On Fri, May 1, 2020, 18:28 Barry Price <bazer.price47@...> wrote:
Trying to send pics again . Will post more info if ok.
Bazer

Ron Hunt

Great Work on it!!

--
I will never fear the Orcs - Captain Ron/Northern Anglo-Saxon Army

Barry Price

Sorry no plans found use photos off internet then scale up or down to 1 72 scale .
But the best book I found on seigfried is Deutsche Eisenbahn Geschutze it is mainly a book about Dora but there are five pages with close up pics of the gun also a couple of drawings of items ,great if you are building a model.
Will post more photos soon .
Just out of interest I have 15 railguns in my collection all 1 72 scale, ten of these are scratch built .

martin hutton

Lets see them all!

On 2 May 2020, at 12:05, Barry Price <bazer.price47@...> wrote:

Sorry no plans found use photos off internet then scale up or down to 1 72 scale .
But the best book I found on seigfried is Deutsche Eisenbahn Geschutze it is mainly a book about Dora but there are five pages with close up pics of the gun also a couple of drawings of items ,great if you are building a model.
Will post more photos soon .
Just out of interest I have 15 railguns in my collection all 1 72 scale, ten of these are scratch built .

Barry Price

As you can see this model is not Seigfried gun cant find photos at moment this is the German 21 cm k 12 railgungun ,the model is 23 in hes long over buffers.

martin hutton

Excellent

On 5 May 2020, at 20:17, Barry Price <bazer.price47@...> wrote:

As you can see this model is not Seigfried gun cant find photos at moment this is the German 21 cm k 12 railgungun ,the model is 23 in hes long over buffers.
<railgun new pics 1 (9).jpg>
<railgun new pics 1 (14).jpg>
<railgun new pics 1 (16).jpg>
<railgun new pics 1 (8).jpg>
<railgun new pics 1 (5).jpg>

Phil Gilson

Looks like the Paris Gun of WWI.

2) A Brief History of the Paris Guns
by Roger Todd

http://www.landships.info/landships/artillery_articles/Paris_Kanone.html

Phil, Bklyn

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 2:17 PM Barry Price <bazer.price47@...> wrote:
As you can see this model is not Seigfried gun cant find photos at moment this is the German 21 cm k 12 railgungun ,the model is 23 in hes long over buffers.

Attachments:

Ron Hunt

GREAT job on it!!

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 3:17 PM Barry Price <bazer.price47@...> wrote:

As you can see this model is not Seigfried gun cant find photos at moment this is the German 21 cm k 12 railgungun ,the model is 23 in hes long over buffers.

Attachments:

railgun new pics 1 (9).jpg
railgun new pics 1 (14).jpg
railgun new pics 1 (16).jpg
railgun new pics 1 (8).jpg
railgun new pics 1 (5).jpg

--
I will never fear the Orcs - Captain Ron/Northern Anglo-Saxon Army

donaldedgecomb

Very nice detailed model. Looks like a fun and easy scratchbuild if you got a 1/27 Leopold hanging around as it’s basically a jacked up skinny barrel Leopold. Nice find and great work for the excellent modeler!!!

Barry Price

Hi depends how accurate you want it be, the only thing usable from a Leopold is the wheels and crane the body is totally different in shape and size. But if that's what you want that's o k.