Topics

[railwayguns, armoured trains and Military Railways] Messages being copied to other outlets

Nigel Attwood

Mr Mackinlay,

I am sorry that you feel so aggrieved over the matter below and I apologise for the upset it has caused.

The fact is that we have not published an article written by you, but repeated a message that you placed in the public domain advising readers to check out Brendon Judds “Desert Railway” book. In line with public domain etiquette we credited the source (i.e. you) and did not alter the text.

In the WW1RSG Bulletin we have been discussing railways at Mudros associated with the Gallipoli campaign with its strong ANZAC connections. Naturally the discussion spun off into the WW2RSG area due to the Aus and NZ railway activities in the Eastern Med. There was quite limited knowledge within the group about this so your finding a book on the subject has proved an invaluable pointer to further our knowledge.

I will contact the gentleman in Berlin as obviously he has some additional information that may benefit the group.

Nigel Attwood

Editor WW2RSG