Topics

Cotentin Peninsula 1944

Phil Gilson

A German 203mm railway gun WWII Normandy before and after allied bombing.
Phil, Bklyn

Chuck Walters

Thanks for the great photos.
Where is the Cotentin Penn.?
Chuck Walters

Phil Gilson

It's on the west coast of France, very close to the allied landings at Normandy. Check the web for "Battle of Cherbourg - WWII".

It was necessary to suppress the fort and concentration of German forces there to prevent them from attacking the Allies who had landed and were proceeding against the Germans in occupied France.

Best Regards. It's good to see Dr Robinson's time and efforts to preserve this portion history have survived the demise of Yahoo.

Phil, Brooklyn

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 12:28 PM Chuck Walters via Groups.Io <tautemarite2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the great photos.
Where is the Cotentin Penn.?
Chuck Walters

qquico@...

It's on the west coast of France, very close to the allied landings at Normandy. Check the web for "Battle of Cherbourg - WWII".

It was necessary to suppress the fort and concentration of German forces there to prevent them from attacking the Allies who had landed and were proceeding against the Germans in occupied France.

Best Regards. It's good to see Dr Robinson's time and efforts to preserve this portion history have survived the demise of Yahoo.

Phil, Brooklyn

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 12:28 PM Chuck Walters via Groups.Io <tautemarite2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the great photos.
Where is the Cotentin Penn.?
Chuck Walters

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 06:29:20 +0000 (UTC)
"qquico via groups.io" <qquico@...> wrote:

It's on the west coast of France,
West ? I would rather say North, on the Channel...

Cheers,

Ron.
--
A small town that cannot support one lawyer
can always support two.

Chuck Walters

Is it Cherbourgh ?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 4:38 AM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
<renaud@...> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 06:29:20 +0000 (UTC)
"qquico via groups.io" <qquico@...> wrote:

It's on the west coast of France,
West ? I would rather say North, on the Channel...

Cheers,

Ron.
--
A small town that cannot support one lawyer
can always support two.

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 17:03:11 +0000 (UTC)
"Chuck Walters via groups.io" <tautemarite2@...> wrote:

Is it Cherbourgh ?
No, it is Cherbourg

Cheers,

Ron.
--
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely
once they have exhausted all other alternatives.

Chuck Walters

Visited the D-Day landing areas but ran out of time for Cherbourg. Looks just like the emplacements @ Brittany @ Plouharmel where I did explore them completely. Chuck

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 11:40:39 AM PDT, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud@...> wrote:

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 17:03:11 +0000 (UTC)
"Chuck Walters via groups.io" <tautemarite2@...> wrote:

Is it Cherbourgh ?
No, it is Cherbourg

Cheers,

Ron.
--
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely
once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
-- Abba Eban

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 23:23:32 +0000 (UTC)
"Chuck Walters via groups.io" <tautemarite2@...> wrote:

Looks just like the emplacements @ Brittany @ Plouharmel where I did explore them completely. Chuck
Herr Fritz Todt had a number of standard designs, all in fetching shades of Concrete Grey, and plonked them down with gay abandon along the coast all the way from Holland down to the Gironde estuary.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
Chaos is King and Magic is loose in the world.

Barry Price

Hi guys have built a dio and scratch built railgun of this , will post if I can sort this site out.?.
Bazer

Jens O. Mehner

Why not just link to your relevant Missing Lynx threads?

Hi guys have built a dio and scratch built railgun of this , will post if I can sort this site out.?.
Bazer

Chuck Walters

Looking forward to your photos Bazder.
Chuck Walters

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 2:58 AM, Barry Price
<bazer.price47@...> wrote:
Hi guys have built a dio and scratch built railgun of this , will post if I can sort this site out.?.
Bazer

Barry Price

Hi scratchbuilt 20.3 cm railgun also a diorama of the destroyed gun replacement. Will send more pics later.

donaldedgecomb

A Bruno with a toothache?? LOL