Topics

An upcoming Osprey book that may be of interest. #Books_publications

Don

I am not connected to Osprey, just passing on something that might be of interest.
don

nicholas robinson

companion to Railway Guns of WW2

Phill Sporton

Hi All,

I am not connected with Amazon  :-) but it's cheaper on Kindle.

Best wishes

Phill

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge on the Telstra Mobile Network

I am not connected to Osprey, just passing on something that might be of interest.
don

thealamo

Aug 29 2017

Just received it today from Amazon.  I did order it 5-6 months ago.  It is a good booklet, well 48 pages only!  Good pictures, for its price.

Alamo

On 25 August 2017 at 17:22, Don <KNbitz@...> wrote:
I am not connected to Osprey, just passing on something that might be of interest.
don

David Ruebsamen

I was introduced to Marc Romanych on Saturday.  He has several other projects in work.

We met at Fort Howard in Baltimore Harbor at the annual reenactment of Battle Of North Point in 1814.  There was also a rededication this year of two US Army 4.7 inch howitzers from WW1 which are displayed in the park.  Both were extensively rebuilt and preserved especially the wood spoked wheels.

I was there to represent the Coast Defense Study Group as I am their reporter on happenings at the Baltimore forts.  I was also donating some material to the local group the Friends of Fort Howard Park.  Marc and a Mr Ray Scott and I walked Battery Stricker a 12 inch disappearing gun battery which had its guns removed at the entry of the US into WW1.  They were, I believe, to be made into railway guns but due to lack of time ended up being eventually scrapped.  We were looking at materials that provided detail on the purpose and equipment layout of the structural modifications made after the war that repurposed the battery structure into plotting rooms for other batteries and added a coincidence range finder.

Overall fun day with the right people even though it was raining off and on.

nr_groups

deleted by accident!

Ah plotting boards!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plotting_room#/media/File:Plotting_room.jpg