Topics

[railwayguns, armoured trains and Military Railways] artillery related news

dawn.pillans@btinternet.com

I read a post on another military forum which reported that the Royal Artillery Archives were already closed, and would be (I think) for 3 years.

But this article refers to maintaining "controlled access". Here's hoping that their archives remain accessible.

Regards

Dawn 

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Mar 2017, at 04:18, druebsamen@... [railwaygun] <railwaygun@...> wrote:

The Fiepower Royal Artillery Museum is to leave London so reports the Museum Association

I would assume that their is something in this museum of interest to this group.  But I have never been there so do not know.

The shear number of military related museums dilutes the population that would support them thrrogh heir time and money.

David

Nigel Attwood

The museum in Woolwich had a railgun outside, this moved to the new home in Larkhill Wiltshire a year or two ago where it was cosmetically restored and sent to the Dutch railway museum at Utrecht on loan for their WW2 display it should be back by now or very soon.

Nigel Attwood

Sent: 24 March 2017 07:26
To: railwaygun@...
Subject: Re: [railwayguns, armoured trains and Military Railways] artillery related news

I read a post on another military forum which reported that the Royal Artillery Archives were already closed, and would be (I think) for 3 years.

But this article refers to maintaining "controlled access". Here's hoping that their archives remain accessible.

Regards

Dawn 

Sent from my iPhone

The Fiepower Royal Artillery Museum is to leave London so reports the Museum Association

I would assume that their is something in this museum of interest to this group.  But I have never been there so do not know.

The shear number of military related museums dilutes the population that would support them thrrogh heir time and money.

David

Robert Duchesneau

That’s the 18-inch “Boche Buster”, right?

-Robert Duchesneau

Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 2:30 PM
Subject: RE: [railwayguns, armoured trains and Military Railways] artillery related news

The museum in Woolwich had a railgun outside, this moved to the new home in Larkhill Wiltshire a year or two ago where it was cosmetically restored and sent to the Dutch railway museum at Utrecht on loan for their WW2 display it should be back by now or very soon.

Nigel Attwood

Subject: Re: [railwayguns, armoured trains and Military Railways] artillery related news

Regards

Dawn 

Sent from my iPhone

David

Nigel Attwood

The attached article on it confirms it is an 18” but not Boche Buster this one was a test gun at Shoeburyness which is why it survived.

Nigel Attwood

Sent: 31 March 2017 23:44
Subject: RE: [railwayguns, armoured trains and Military Railways] artillery related news

That’s the 18-inch “Boche Buster”, right?

-Robert Duchesneau

From: railwaygun@... <mailto:railwaygun@...> [mailto:railwaygun@...]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 2:30 PM
To: railwaygun@... <mailto:railwaygun@...>

Nigel Attwood

From: railwaygun@... <mailto:railwaygun@...> [mailto:railwaygun@...]
To: railwaygun@... <mailto:railwaygun@...>

Regards

Dawn

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Mar 2017, at 04:18, druebsamen@... <mailto:druebsamen@...> [railwaygun] <railwaygun@... <mailto:railwaygun@...> > wrote:

https://www.museumsassociation.org/museums-journal/news/01032016-firepower-museum-to-leave-london-home

I would assume that their is something in this museum of interest to this group. But I have never been there so do not know.

David

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]