Topics

Leopold #Modelling

JimJam

Hi Guys -

I just found this post and thought I'd reply.

How about a Leopold gun in 1/48 scale ?  This is O-scale.  Track, scenery and locomotives are easily available.

     - Jimi -
    Harvard, MA

Javier <xproxect@...>

Hello, Marcel
It would be very interesting to know the faults of tha Azimut kit; it's been used to calculate the cost of the mould, but the the definitive kit will be -if be- completely new, from plans, photos and actual vehicle measurements.
About the Brunos, I consider them more interesting than Leopolds in reason of the smaller dimensions, but I only have photos, good ones, but no plans. I don't know if there is any remaining gun of that type. If you, or anybody, has good references an plans I would, of course, study producing it in plastic before making other K5
Thanks for your answer.
P.S. If anybody goes to Torrent Model Fair at Valencia, Spain, on April 26,27 an 28, remember visit my stand "Proxect Models"

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:43:06 +0200
marcel verhaaf <marcel@...> wrote:
Hallo Xavier,

Why not talk with Azimut/Ironside?

The model they did in 1:35th scale had many bad parts, but many good ones as
well.
It might be interesting for them too, to do a better kit.
When it would be really accurate, I would like to buy one anyhow.

Possibly it is better to do something new:
One of the Bruno guns. Smaller compared with the K5, but still impressive.
For the Bruno I might be able to arrange access to the drawings. And I did
some measuring
and small drawings of the 'Drehstell' of a still excisting boogie.

Regards,

Marcel

xaviersanzsanchez wrote:

Hello friends.
After making a line of models in plaster and resin I'm thinking
about making a new kit of the gun in plastic in 1/35; I've contacted
with a person that will study the gun to estimate the cost of the
mould . Do you think it would be a good idea? Do you think I will not
loose my money? I think that it is a good and impressive model, but a
little big; although Famos and Dragon Wagons are big, too.

The Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military railway museum
www.railwaygun.co.uk

No dejes tus ahorros en cualquier sitio:
http://ingdirect.ozu.es
----------------------------------

marcel

xaviersanzsanchez <xproxect@...>

Hello friends.
After making a line of models in plaster and resin I'm thinking
about making a new kit of the gun in plastic in 1/35; I've contacted
with a person that will study the gun to estimate the cost of the
mould . Do you think it would be a good idea? Do you think I will not
loose my money? I think that it is a good and impressive model, but a
little big; although Famos and Dragon Wagons are big, too.

Tautemarit@...

Hi. I would carefully check to see what you can expect for potential buyers
in 1/35. I model in HO scale or 1/87 so would not be a buyer. Good luck.
Chuck Walters