Re: [railwayguns & armoured trains] Re: railwaygun enthusiast visit

marcel

Hi Bobby,

I would look forward to have a chat about military railways with you.
I am living in Amsterdam, Netherlands very close to Schiphol Airport.
In case you will be able to come to Amsterdam, you can have a look at my
collection.
Possibly the biggest in the Netherlands. Including many original drawings,
original photo's,
manuals etc.
The only thing is that we will be moving from Amsterdam to Hilversum in the
first weeks of july.
This means that we will be starting to pack all our stuff second half of
june....
I might be available june 5th in the evening. But I will check my wife to see if
it is allright.

regards,

Marcel Verhaaf

commshop wrote:

dear friends,

I am a railway gun modeller from South Africa and will be visting Europe
soon. Here is my detail, if anyone is in the area I am visiting, I would
like to meet you and to tell you about the exciting military model train
activities in our country. In september 2004 we are presenting the largest
military model train convention in the southern hemisphere!

With advice received from the International Plastic Modelers Society (IPMS)
of the United Kingdom, I will not be visiting the UK in June anymore.
Instead I will spend all my free time with the modellers in the Netherlands.
The planned UK visit is postponed to November to coincide with the IPMS UKs
40th birthday celebrations and Nationals in Telford, UK. I will then be
visiting the same organizations I have requested to visit in June and even
more.

My new itinerary is as follows:

? Arrive at Amsterdam Skiphol Airport 2 June 05h40 with flight KLM 594.
? The 2nd June I will enjoy Dutch hospitality by visiting scale modeling
related venues. I am staying in the Golden Tulip Bel Air Hotel next to The
Hague Conference Center. My host will be Erwin Stam.
? On 3 to 6 June I will be attending the European Foundation For Quality
Management (EFQM) Conference in The Hague, Netherlands.
? On the 6th June I am flying to the USA to visit IPMS Chapters in the
Midwest (Michigan).
? I will return to Amsterdam Skiphol Airport on 14th June and once again be
hosted by the Dutch IPMS modelers until my flight back. My host will be
Erwin Stam.
? I will depart to South Africa on 16 June at 21h00 with flight KLM 593.

My sincere regards

(Bobby Keller)
Chief Executive Officer: Africa Militaire
Plastic Modellers Society (IPMS) Of South Africa: Foreign Liaison & Public
Relations Officer
South African Military Health Service: Colonel

The Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military railway museum
www.railwaygun.co.uk