Re: [railwayguns & armoured trains] Railwayguns in the Harz Mountains, April 1945

marcel

Hi Oliver, in case you can send a scan, I'll try to find out.

regards,

Marcel

S1Mod wrote:

Last week I got a copy of the book "The view from the turret", which
is about the 743rd (US) Tank Battalion during WW2. To my surprise
there is a photo on page 120 showing four railwayguns (3 complete,
one without the gun). According to the caption this photo was taken in
the Harz mountains in 1945.

Any other information available about these guns? I would be
interested to learn about the exact location and the type of these
guns.

Oliver N.

The Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military railway museum
www.railwaygun.co.uk