Re: Bermuda

Phil Gilson

Thanks Ron -

1- Bermuda Coast Artillery  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Victoria,_Bermuda

In that article is a reference to Battery F, 52nd Coast Artillery Regiment (Railway 8-inch gun)

2- 52nd AD Rgt  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/52nd_Air_Defense_Artillery_Regiment

Which has the history of its formation in WWI and deployment to France as a RR Arty Bn.

3- 8” RR mount  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-inch_gun_M1888

Which has photos of the RR mounts. A caption under the photo of the 8” RR mount has this reference -

4 - 1918 Handbook of Ordnance (in .pdf and other formats)

https://archive.org/details/handbookordnanc00unkngoog/page/n4

A Marvelous referral – 551 pages with illustrations, tables and text

Attached is a photo of a NIKE Hercules (w booster) and a NIKE Ajax on display at the American Airpower Museum at Farmingdale Long Island, NY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airpower_Museum

Phil, Bklyn

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 2:57 AM Ron Hunt <btlarea@...> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 7:23 PM David Ruebsamen <druebsamen@...> wrote:
I am planning a cruise to Bermuda this Spring.  As a side project I was looking at a site that discussed the US  military presence there.  Interesting point which I have yet to research further was the presence of several Railway guns for a number of months in the Second World War.  That must have been quite an undertaking.  And then where did they go?  Anyone have a reference to more specific information?  Otherwise I will update the group as I find further information.