Washington Gun Factory

Phil Gilson

1) Here's a link to the Washington Gun Factory filmed in 1952

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epclkzKJvfc

I like the slide rule shown at 2:06. I still have mine from the late 50's and my drafting set made by Dietzgen in Germany - NOT West Germany! And they still work. No batteries to change or corrode, no DRO (Digital Read Out) in those days.

At 8:55 the film shows big cannon barrels, annealing pits, machining lathes, etc.

2) Here is Bill Maloney's list of 245 museums dealing with Military and Naval history. An exhausting compilation. This will keep you going for quite a while.

My contribution can be found at the Aberdeen ProvingĀ  Ground museum at the 120mm AA Gun portion. https://tinyurl.com/y3tf6yud

http://www.williammaloney.com/Aviation/AberdeenUSArmyOrdinanceMuseum/AntiAircraftGuns/American120mmM1AAGun/index.htm

http://www.williammaloney.com/Aviation/Aviationindex.html

Phil, Bklyn