Re: 85 Photos

Chuck Walters

Hi Phil,

My wife and I have travelled to France many times and I always check out bunkers, sub pens etc. This time we stayed at a nearby golf course as a base and went all over that part of France, including Carnac and Island  of Belle Isle.

It was  in the 90's. I model railguns and armored trains in HO gauge. I have quite a library on each. In fact I have a book on Pluoharnel.

There were no signs and it took years to find out the name of the place. I took many photos.

Your data came through with captions for each photo. Number 81 (not 82) says Plouharnel in the data below the photo and I recognised the surroundings. You can also see the remnants of the vogle turntable. Several other photos show a vogel even though they are not at Plouharnel. I have a model of the Vogel turntable also-unbuilt. I have several unbuilt kits of k5 railguns. I started one but gave up as I had to convert a 1/72 scale gun to 1/87 (HO).

Unfortunatley we recently moved and all of my models and books are boxed and in storage. To top that off I had a 5 way heart bypass and a ruptured aoata just after we moved and am in a long term recovery mode.Thankfully all is positive-just very slow.

Good to "talk" to someone about railguns. (I have visited the k5 at Aberdeen Proving Grounds and the one in Northern France).

Thanks again.
Chuck (Silverdale, WA)

On Saturday, December 29, 2018, 8:23:33 PM PST, Phil Gilson <breezyphil@...> wrote:

Chuck - Thanks for your input. All I could find on the web is this youtube showing coastal artillery emplacements marred with graffiti. I don't have to wonder what le Bosch occupiers  would have done to those 'spray can artiste' back then. Youth today have no appreciation for the suffering and sacrifices of their forefathers.

And how did you id #82 as being in that location?

Phil, Bklyn

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 2:48 PM Chuck Walters via Groups.Io <tautemarite2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Great rr gun photos! Especially # 82 of railgun at Plouharmel, which I visited and explored.
Chuck Walters

On Saturday, December 29, 2018, 11:17:00 AM PST, Phil Gilson <breezyphil@...> wrote:

85 photos of WWII railway guns in ETO

Phil, Bklyn