RadioPi, is another Hamradio Raspberry Pi OS image, for......linux dummies.. :)
RadioPi is optimized for remote control and field operation. You can just flash it into a SD card, and run it on a Raspberry Pi computer directly.
RadioPi is desgined to:
- Control your rig, run FT8, log QSO, and upload to LoTW.
- Control your rig at home, when you take a walk in a park.
- Try to make QSO by SDR and satellites.
- Go to field operation without your laptop computer.
Features of RadioPi
- Default user: pi
- Setting Locale to en_US.UTF8. Chinese Language also was supported. fcitx fcitx-googlepinyin input method are installed
- chornyd and gpsd for timing service
- non-ham softwares are removed。the zipped distro IMG is only 1.28GB
- Gnuradio and SDR libs are installed, such as hackrf, gr-osmosdr and so on. it is ready for more fun of SDR testings
- SSH, VNC, Avahi services were enabled for field operation
- A hotspot "radiopi" was installed for field operation
- A 1280x1024@60Hz screen resolution was installed. it's better for iPad's VNC to remote control RadioPi.
Software on RadioPi
- WSJT-X, 2.2.2, The extreme weak-signal communication software
- JTDX, 2.1.0-RC150, More features than WSJT-X
- TQSL, 2.4.3, The ARRL LoTW QSL client
- Xlog, 2.0.14, A light weight logging program
- Fldigi, 4.1.01, Amateur Radio in Digital Modes
- CHIRP, daily20190104, Programming amateur radios, supporting a large number of manufacturers and models, such as Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood, Baofeng, TYT and so on.
- QSSTV, 9.2.6, Receiving and transmitting SSTV and HAMDRM(DSSTV)
- GNU Radio Companion, 184.108.40.206, GNU Radio is a free & open-source software development toolkit that provides signal processing blocks to implement software radios.
- GQRX, 2.11.5, Gqrx is an open source software defined radio receiver (SDR) powered by the GNU Radio and the Qt graphical toolkit.
- CubicSDR, 0.2.5, Cross-platform SDR application
- Direwolf, 1.4, A software "soundcard" modem/TNC and APRS en/decoder
- Gpredict, 2.3-33-gca42d22-1, A real-time satellite tracking and orbit prediction application
- VNC Server, 6.7.2, To remote control your rig remotely by VNC
- PulseAudio Preferences, 1.1, For simultaneous line-output, and transmit monitoring.
Full of RadioPi User Guide
More info about RadioPi:
or, email us: askom[at]radiopi.club
Flash a card and go to field!