RadioPi Hotspot

Peter Silverstein

Thanks for this outstanding field operating system!

I'd like to set up in the field and operate the pi headless with an Android tablet, but can't see the RadioPi hotspot listed in available networks on the tablet.

Is there something I need to enable to get it working?

73,

Pete

BG6LH

hi, Peter!

I suggest you set up a hotspot named "radiopi" on your smartphone.
and, both your radiopi and your android tablet connect to your smartphone's hotspot.

We'd saved a wi-fi connection to hotspot "radiopi" on the radiopi's image, already.

For more information, I hope this document could give help.
https://radiopi.club/en/documents-2020-08-01.html#5-networking-for-radiopi

---
https://radiopi.club

BG6LH

I was using an iPhone to share a wifi connection. It does not work fine every time......However, make a reboot, it will work...

--
https://radiopi.club

Peter Silverstein

Thank you very much for the guidance!

Using some instructions from KM4ACK on YouTube, I created a hotspot on the pi that allows me to connect the Android tablet over wifi without an internet connection. This works well in remote areas where there's no cell service.
It also seems compatible with
RadioPi's built in CAPABILITY. I'm using RadioPi everyday now.

Thanks again for your help!

73,

Pete
N2PAS

BG6LH

Hi Pete!

We are glad you like it!
A building in hotspot on RadioPi maybe be the next solution. We are starting to talk about it.
Thanks for your sharing!

Hope cu on air!

73

BG6LH, Zhiming Cao