Topics

Wednesday Dinner Zoom Chat March 25. Sunday Lake Padden Walks

Next Wednesday Dinner will be a virtual meeting on Zoom. Zoom is a free virtual conferencing site that should be available by following a link to the conference below. I think preregistration to Zoom isn't necessary tho it may be helpful. I found it easy to use.
A webcam isn't necessary unless you wish to broadcast your image to the conference. Two way audio (microphone and headset or speakers is sufficient). It worked for me (Robert). In my case, I have an audio headset, but stores were out of webcams for my desktop, but I could try from my tablet or phone browser that has those things built in. I do find my desktop easier to use.
Below information and the link from Mark Allyn who will be facilitating Wednesday's conference.
Robert.

Here is the information on the Zoom meeting for Wednesday:
Mark Allyn is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Virtual Wednesday Dinner
Time: Mar 25, 2020 05:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/823504678?pwd=dnFxYkR0b2U0RHVOTUtvQ01xakVEdz09

Meeting ID: 823 504 678
Password: 123456

Another way to participate is by phone.
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,823504678# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,823504678# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 823 504 678
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/absviR5AMz

Mark

------

Lake Padden Sunday Walks

A 6 foot distancing alternative to the dinner is Sunday Morning walks around Lake Padden. Meets at 10 AM near main swimming area.

On the news, tho, there is some talk of closing parks down in Seattle, at least, due to fear that many people gathering in parks aren't keeping 6 foot distance. Hopefully that will not come to pass.

I made it to the Lake Padden walk since being laid off from my night shift job, I'm not having to sleep in the mornings.

It was a good time. Around 10 people were there in different clumps up and down the trail, which is normal for the Padden Walk. People were fairly well spaced, but maybe a few in the clumps were closer than 6 feet. Various conversations took place among the different groupings. It's pretty easy to talk in an outdoor setting without having to be too close.

Hopefully the parks can continue to be an antidote to cabin fever for people.

Robert.