Topics

Should we take a break from having the Wednesday Dinner due to corona virus? Your input welcome.

Here's a question that I am looking for input on. A range of opinions welcome. I wonder if we should discontinue the Wednesday Dinner Group for a while? Like taking a temporary break from it?
Last week there were around 14 folks which does lift the spirits. Something good for the immune system, but on the other hand, a lot of similar gatherings are being cancelled.
We are a small group, definitely not over 250 people, but staying the 6 feet of separation isn't easy. Your suggestions welcome.

Robert.

Noel

I probably won’t be attending for a while, stay safe.

On Mar 14, 2020, at 4:43 PM, Theslowlane via Groups.Io <bicycletourist2002@...> wrote:

Here's a question that I am looking for input on. A range of opinions welcome. I wonder if we should discontinue the Wednesday Dinner Group for a while? Like taking a temporary break from it?
Last week there were around 14 folks which does lift the spirits. Something good for the immune system, but on the other hand, a lot of similar gatherings are being cancelled.
We are a small group, definitely not over 250 people, but staying the 6 feet of separation isn't easy. Your suggestions welcome.

Robert.

Barry Glatt

Robert, I think it might be a good idea to put it on hold at least until late April when we may begin to see slightly warmer weather and, hopefully, the risk of contracting COVID-19 might decrease a little.

I understand everyone's good intentions to want to continue to socialize in this time when we're all being encouraged to self-isolate in order to slow the progression of the virus until a vaccine can be found but I believe there is wisdom in that strategy, especially considering the Fed's unbelievably shoddy handling of the aftermath following their lack of response and minimization/blame at the earliest onset of this crisis. Sadly, because of this, we ALL must be extra cautious.. for now.

Take care.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Here's a question that I am looking for input on. A range of opinions welcome. I wonder if we should discontinue the Wednesday Dinner Group for a while? Like taking a temporary break from it?
Last week there were around 14 folks which does lift the spirits. Something good for the immune system, but on the other hand, a lot of similar gatherings are being cancelled.
We are a small group, definitely not over 250 people, but staying the 6 feet of separation isn't easy. Your suggestions welcome.

Robert.

Elisabeth Starnes

For what it's worth, the women of LesGo have canceled their dinners until further notice. Some of us will try to get together online on Tuesdays via Skype or Zoom--still working it out.
Elisabeth

--
Elisabeth

Home: 360.734.0525
Mobile: 360.920.9209

S A

Robert, have been vacationing in Palm Springs and look forward to returning to B'ham and joining you this spring. Given the current situation, some of us oldsters may want a break from public get togethers for just a while. Thanks for bringing up the issue.