Topics

Possible picnics for the dinner group? Also there's still Lake Padden Sunday Walks and other possibilities.

Restaurants are starting to reopen to limited capacity, but it still seems pretty risky. I've been thinking that the dinner group could restart, eventually, as an outdoor picnic. Your feedback is welcome.
It still might be a good idea to wait a while longer. Some people think we should wait till Phase 3 reopening Washington. So far, the weather has been cool anyway. We are having one of Bellingham's June's that we refer to a "June-uary."
One good place for a picnic would be the Village Green in the Fairhaven District at Mill and 10th Avenue behind Village Books. That area is close to several places where takeout is available; like Skylarks. Folks could be spaced along the benches that are covered. Long benches line two sides of that plaza and the plaza isn't likely to be crowded. People could gather there. Maybe the event could be cancelled if it was stormy.
Meanwhile the Sunday morning walking group has been gathering at Lake Padden all along. Gathering at 10 am Sundays by the main parking / restroom area on the west side of the lake.
Most people do wear masks and the small gatherings are fairly well spread out along the trail. Conversations have been good, it's outdoors and good exercise. Outdoors is quite a bit safer than indoors. Attendance has been around 10 people; give or take a few.
Lake Padden Park is popular, but the parks department is limiting parking to prevent the park from becoming too crowded. Seems like there has been enough parking, so far tho I arrive by bicycle. I haven't heard of people who couldn't find a place to park.
There has also been the Wednesday Dinner Group Zoom conference, but hardly anyone has used it. Zoom conferences are more popular among the Radical Faeries. I've been attending several Faerie events, online, from my computer from Bellingham; events that were seldom in Bellingham before things went on line. On the internet, geography is less of a limiting factor.
Keep in touch through with this group and share your thoughts on these possibilities.

Noel

Thanks for keeping us all informed, Noel

On Jun 13, 2020, at 11:41 AM, Theslowlane via groups.io <bicycletourist2002@...> wrote:

[...]

G Lindsay

Phase 3 sounds good for me. Thanks for the survey.