Topics

New Year's Day Wednesday Dinner at Brandywine Kitchen.

Next Wednesday Dinner, New Year's Day, will be at Brandywine Kitchen in downtown Bellingham. January 1. 1317 Commercial Street. We will probably be upstairs in the back. Starts around 5 - 5:30 PM.
http://www.brandywinekitchen.com/

-----

Whatcom LGBTQ+ Coalition has a phone contact. 360-599-0844.

The Coalition grew out of Talia Sorinsin’s Initiative to compile a resource list of LGBTQ+ affirming medical and mental health care providers. Given the significant lack of these services, she saw the need for a community network that could advocate for the expansion of local resources. In May of 2019, she convened an interprofessional round table discussion to address this need, and it was decided by the group to formalize the coalition.

Coalition membership is open to all self-identified LGBTQ+ community members and allies. Medical professionals who are interested in improving their services for LGBTQ+ patients are encouraged to attend the monthly general meetings. Please go to the Contact Us page to request to be added to our mailing list.

Mission:
Our goal is to reduce health disparities by elevating and advocating for the needs of the LGBTQ+ community. We envision a Whatcom county where members of our community have access to compassionate, comprehensive, and appropriate care.

Vision:
The Whatcom LGBTQ+ Coalition brings together LGBTQ+ voices and health care and community-oriented professionals to improve access to competent care.

http://wlgbtq.org/

-----

Newsletter compiled by Robert Ashworth.