Topics

Feb. 12 Wednesday Dinner at Bellingham Bar and Grill.

February 12 Wednesday Dinner will be at Bellingham Bar and Grill, 1408 Cornwall Avenue, Starts around 5 - 5:30 PM.
http://www.bellinghambarandgrill.com

------

Carmen Maria Machado's 'Dream House' Becomes Nightmare in New Memoir
28 minute interview on KQED Radio.

On Tuesday's 6-7 PM it's Keto Happy Hour with Betty Desire! at the Back Door 1119 Railroad Avenue next to Rumors.

------

Thanks to our friend, Robert Ashworth, for recommending this podcast. We have worked closely with our local domestic violence resources and law enforcement; please notice one caller mentions the Snohomish Police Department so efforts throughout our area are helping. The author also mentions the need for not only comprehensive health education but also relationship education. There continues to be much to do. Join us if you an interested in our efforts. Be in touch about yours.

https://www.kqed.org/forum/2010101875599/carmen-maria-machados-dream-house-becomes-nightmare-in-new-memoir?

Kathy Reim, Skagit PFLAG

-----

Can We Just Talk? LGBTQ Discussion Group

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 7 PM – 8:30 PM
At Whatcom Peace and Justice Center, 1220 Bay Street
Hosted by Jory Mickelson

This casual, no-pressure discussion group is open to anyone
who identifies as LGBTQ+. We come together each month to meet,
talk, and tell our stories. Each month will have a loose theme to
help guide our discussion. February's theme is COMMUNITY.

What is your experience with LGBTQ+ communities?
Do you have a strong online community? What about face-to face?
How have you built community? What are your struggles? Your dreams?

We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
https://www.facebook.com/events/513601402602356/

------

Newsletter compiled by Robert Ashworth.