Topics

Dec. 25 3 PM potluck instead of at a restaurant. Also a new health resource coalition forming in Whatcom County

Christmas Day 3 PM Potluck at Unitarian Fellowship instead restaurant for Wednesday Dinner.

Next Wednesday Dinner at a different time and place. 3 PM on Christmas Day. Potluck at Unitarian Fellowship.

We are invited by Mark Allyn to join a potluck at Unitarian Fellowship at 3 PM on Christmas Day. Unitarian Fellowship is at 1207 Ellsworth St in Bellingham's Lettered Streets neighborhood.

Christmas Day Potluck Dinner at the Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship. There will be a main course (Lesagna), but the guests will be bringing potluck for the side dishes and dessert. We plan to start gathering at about 1 PM on Christmas Day and plan to eat at around 3 PM. RSVP will help. Please email Mark (allyn@...) as he plans to do all communications via email and not on Facebook. Knowing how many people plan to come and what is brought will be helpful.

-----

New Organization forming. Whatcom LGBTQ+ Coalition.

The Coalition grew out of Talia Sorinsin’s Initiative to compile a resource list of LGBTQ+ affirming medical and mental health care providers. Given the significant lack of these services, she saw the need for a community network that could advocate for the expansion of local resources. In May of 2019, she convened an interprofessional round table discussion to address this need, and it was decided by the group to formalize the coalition.

Coalition membership is open to all self-identified LGBTQ+ community members and allies. Medical professionals who are interested in improving their services for LGBTQ+ patients are encouraged to attend the monthly general meetings. Please go to the Contact Us page to request to be added to our mailing list.

Mission:
Our goal is to reduce health disparities by elevating and advocating for the needs of the LGBTQ+ community. We envision a Whatcom county where members of our community have access to compassionate, comprehensive, and appropriate care.

Vision:
The Whatcom LGBTQ+ Coalition brings together LGBTQ+ voices and health care and community-oriented professionals to improve access to competent care.

http://wlgbtq.org/

-----

Newsletter compiled by Robert Ashworth.