Quiet times in Bellingham, but the vaccines should be on their way before too long

-

Betty Pages featured in a recent edition of Klipsun Magazine

Klipsun is a magazine published by Western Washington University.

I'll add, from what I have heard. Quite a few of the distribution spots (restaurants and bars) for The Betty Pages are less available during the shutdowns for the pandemic, but the Betty Pages has been picked up by a statewide distributer. It's now available in cannabis shops across Washington State.

Betty Pages used to mostly be distributed in Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish Counties, but it is now distributed in pot shops statewide.

Yours's truly, Robert Ashworth, has had articles toward the back of the Betty Pages over the past few months.

Link to Klipsun article about The Betty Pages, Betty Desire's tabloid.
https://klipsunmagazine.com/in-bettys-corner-466499498035

--------

Posted on Facebook about Back Door Bellingham bar during the Washington State pandemic restrictions.
Back Door next door to Rumor's Cabaret

We say goodbye for now, again. Backdoor will be closed for the next few weeks but during that time if you are looking for a Christmas gift that will also support your neighborhood safe space, look no further. We have gift cards available online using the link in our bio or you can do a contact-free pickup for an actual card!
Or work with us to create a specialized batched cocktail for a personalized gift (or as a treat for yourself!) Just send us a message to discuss the details.
We look forward to seeing your faces in person when it is safe to do so and in the meantime, we appreciate any and all of your support.
https://www.facebook.com/BACKDOORbham/

--------

Commentary

Quite a few people are still joining the Facebook Group associated with this newsletter. https://www.facebook.com/groups/107043044798/

Welcome. Hope it's useful for some connection, though there isn't much activity during the pandemic. Looks like vaccines are on their way so we may just have to hold out a few months more.

Indoor activities, such as the Wednesday Dinner, are not safe to do. The Sunday morning 10 AM walks around Lake Padden still happen. It's outside and walking is easier to do with a mask on than eating.

As for me, the bicycle and computer have been quite useful. I'm also pretty close to retirement. Where I work has temporarily laid me off anyway. This is a good time to be retired.

I write a lot on my regular Facebook wall about many types of things. Also share lots of photos from around Belingham and so forth.

Much of the stuff I put on Facebook also goes onto my blog and Flickr. Both those displays are available to the open web. No membership or login needed.

Feel free to keep in touch. I'll try to answer if your email doesn't get lost in the spam.

Robert Ashworth
http://www.facebook.com/theslowlane
http://www.theslowlane.org (blog)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theslowlane
http://www.theslowlane.com/contact.html

This little newsletter published by Robert Ashworth

patmore555@yahoo.com

Thanks for all that you do, we all love you

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 5:57 PM, Theslowlane via groups.io
<bicycletourist2002@...> wrote:
-

[...]

lyle pearson

GOOD NEWS!

I'M RECYCLING MY BETTER ARTICLES FOR BETTY AND THE SITE ACADEMIA AND A POSSIBLE BOOK!

WE HAVE A WHOLE NEW AUDIENCE!

TME TO RE-WRITE!

-

--

[...]