Quaker-British-Isles@groups.ioThis is the official mailing list for the Quaker Family History Society (QFHS). QFHS was formed in 1993 and is a member of the Family History Federation. Our aim is to encourage and assist anyone interested in tracing the history of Quaker families in the British Isles. We are based in Britain, so do not claim any expertise on the history of Quakers outside Britain.
Although we are formally recognised by Britain Yearly Meeting (of the Society of Friends), we are not ourselves a Quaker organisation, and membership is open to anyone interested in the history of British or Irish Quakers. Our members include: family historians with Quaker ancestors, Friends with an interest in history, including that of their local meeting, and those who wish to learn about their British Quaker ancestors.
Please visit our website at www.qfhs.co.uk for more information.
We can also be found at www.facebook.com/groups/QuakerFamilyHistorySociety, which we recommend for announcements and for those new to Quaker family history. Quaker-British-Isles@groups.io may be found more useful for those with detailed enquiries or members with greater experience in the field.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]