Re: WWVB surrogate

Pete Ferrand

Another approach I'd like to try is an IOS app called Clock Wave. It picks up the time from the net, then emits a tone from the iPhone/iPad/iPod that is picked up by your radio controlled watch/clock. Probably works thru harmonics from the mobile devices speaker. It's been on the app store for two years and amazingly enough appears to work really well. The cost is a not unreasonable $1.99. Unfortunately I don't have any Apple devices - it needs IOS 8 or later - so I can't use it.

Listing:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clock-wave/id1073576068?mt=8

Various YouTube demos and discussions can be found with a search.

Regrettably it doesn't seem as though there's anything like this for Android or Windows.

Pete
WB2QLL
Mount Pleasant, WI

Join qrp-tech@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.