Re: WWVB surrogate (was: Update on GPSDO video)

Mvs Sarma <mvssarma@...>

If the NIST signals are traveling on OF cables to reach you thro'
internet, perhaps there could be variations and sync'ing might not be that
easy, I fear.
Regards
sarma
vu3zmv

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:03 PM Graham <planophore@aei.ca> wrote:

Ed Nisley published an series of articles in Circuit Cellar Ink about
WWVB clocks. Feb 2010 was part 1 and detailed a WWVB simulator.

A quick search using Google will find a number of the WWVB simulator
results including some based on the ubiquitous Arduino.

This is an interesting topic on it's own.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On 9/24/2018, "Nick Kennedy" <kennnick@gmail.com> wrote:

That's a crazy enough idea to be a fun project. Be your own private NIST /
WWVB.

I did a PIC program a while ago to decode the data stream from a WWVB
module and have it update a clock, using a PIC.

Going the opposite way, you'd have to figure out how to do that
phase-shifty modulation scheme it uses.

72-

Nick, WA5BDU

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 1:05 PM sigcom1 <sigcom@juno.com> wrote:

Funny, I was thinking almost exactly the same thing about a week ago
when
3 of my 4 WWVB-disciplined clocks refused to sync to NIST for
several days (only 1 remains recalcitrant at the moment).

With the future availability of those signals in question, it's 'time'
(ahem) to consider a GPS disciplined replacement, IMHO.

Faraday cage? I'll just call mine an Incidental Radiator. The trick is
to get my clocks to listen during daylight hours instead of
midnight as they do now ;-P .

73.......Steve Smith WB6TNL

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 7:47 PM chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@gmail.com
wrote:

Any one have the serial output data for the GPSDO? Might be interesting
to build a
1mW transmitter to emulate WWVB and feed my atomic clocks during the
daylight
hours from time to time. Of course, keeping it in a Faraday cage.

Join qrp-tech@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.