Re: SA612AN - really hot when VCC is applied

Mvs Sarma <mvssarma@...>

I used to by from one seller.
as I searched now I get the ebay item 362255962960

please search
this guy is genuine

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 3:11 PM Mvs Sarma <mvssarma@gmail.com> wrote:

I think it is 2.45 each at 10 lot and NOT a lot total price.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 2:13 PM Shirley Dulcey KE1L <mark@buttery.org>
wrote:

I don't think anybody has said that the surface mount SA602 and SA612
parts are scarce. They're still in production and readily available
from distributors.

What is getting scarce is the through-hole version. NXP (successor to
Signetics and Philips) stopped making them a while ago and supplies
are drying up. Diz still has them for now, as does the Switch and
Parts Store (WB9KZY). The Elecraft KX1 switched to using an SMD mixer
and an adapter board before it went out of production, and I suspect
the K2 has done that as well. Generic 8-SOIC to 8-PDIP adapter boards
are available from many sources. One example is the SparkFun
BOB-13655, which is $2.95 for a board that's actually four break-apart
adapters. Another example is the Adafruit 1212: $2.95 for a six pack
of boards. You also need headers; the inexpensive snap-apart ones will
work just fine. I have also seen adapters from Schmartboard and
generic ones for sale at hamfests.

The chip on many of the 8-SOIC adapters is rotated 90 degrees from the
position of the adapter. Make sure to point everything the right way.

One downside of using adapters is that the bypass capacitors are
farther away from the chip. If that turns out to be a problem you can
try putting an SMD bypass cap on the adapter board.

If you get desperate, the NTE7164 is an SA602-compatible part. But you
won't enjoy the price tag.

Although MSOP adapters also exist, don't try to use one with an
Si5351A. That chip is fussy about the lead lengths of its bypass
capacitor and crystal. A much better idea is to use an Si5351A
breakout board; they are available from Adafruit, QRP Labs, and
Etherkit.

It appears that some opportunists are selling counterfeit parts. Be
wary of SA602 and SA612 DIPs (or the older NE602 and NE612 if anybody
offers those) from eBay and Ali Express.
On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 1:03 AM Michael <pixelwaster@gmail.com> wrote:

Arrow.com has smd SA612 for $1.66 each. Minimum of 1 ordered with free
overnight shipping. They do ship overnight on a few parts! The next
break points are at 10/1.4988, 100/1.3005, 1000/1.008
The date code is 1708 from Thailand and they have 1900 in stock.
If you are willing to wait three day you can get the parts form the
Netherlands dated 1827. Still free shipping.

Michael
N9XYP

On 9/23/2018 10:17 PM, na5n_qrp wrote:

Kits and Parts (Diz) also has the thru-hole versions shown on his
website ... the NE602AN and NE612AN, as well as the SA602AD SMT part.
5 for $10, or $2 each. Mouser also has the SMD versions for $2.88/1
and $2.45/10 with 11,000 in stock. DigiKey has them as well for $2.36
each with 1,000 in stock. Search for SA602 or SA612 ... NE602/612
produces no results and seldom shown in their catalogs, but they have
them. They're not as rare as some have claimed.

Join qrp-tech@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.