Re: Update on GPSDO video

Richard Seguin

Does it matter that the cheaper modules don't produce a clean sine wave?
The modifications are easy enough to make on the cheaper modules, if you
have steady hands.

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018, 12:20 AM Alan Biocca <alan.biocca@gmail.com> wrote:

The GPS chips with PPS output are sufficient for that, don't even need a
GPSDO. I bought one the other day for under $20. The GPS's for drones are
quite inexpensive. Just make sure the PPS output is available as well as
the serial.

-- Alan, w6akb

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 7:47 PM chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@gmail.com>
wrote:

https://youtu.be/CzJgEqJY3mg

I managed to beat the 11pm MST deadline by 3 hours. Enjoy.

Frequency comparison is within 1mH (milli-Hertz) between the two
standards.
We know that the GPS system is going to be around a long time. It's in
use in
too many critical applications now to give it up.

Re GPS: I was impressed with the Chinese railroad people getting high
speed rail tracks
laid to a tolerance of 5mm. Their record speed now stands at 600 kph
(km per hour).

When do we want to start the winter building season? It's not even fall
type wx here
in the valley of the sun. :-)

Any one have the serial output data for the GPSDO? Might be interesting
to build a
1mW transmitter to emulate WWVB and feed my atomic clocks during the
daylight
hours from time to time. Of course, keeping it in a Faraday cage.

FYI

chuck, k7qo,

Join qrp-tech@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.