Re: Hand Nibbler Tools

Ray

I have the original Adel nibbler I purchased in the early 70s and the Amazon one I bought about 5 years ago. Both do a good job of cutting soft metals and PCB material. The only issue I have with the Amazon unit is the cutting blade will not open wide enough to cut .062 PCB material. That may be a problem with my unit as according to the specifications it should work.

You will have to use a file to smooth the cut on both PCB and metal. The cut is more or less smooth but it can always use a little more smoothing. You will not have an issue making a cutout for your display. I have done that many times. Just use a ball point pen to mark the metal with the size of the display cutout and cut along the lines.

Ray,
AB7HE

Join qrp-tech@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.