Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 23:26:04 -0800
From: robert.brown98765@...
To: SportMed@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SportMed] SPORTS MEDICINE : SPORTS INJURIES : MEDICAL: ORTHOPEDIC
MEDICINE : MEDICAL: DISEASES : ORGANIZATIONS : MEDICAL: SURGERY: The
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons

Hi can someone please tell me what are the natural ways to avoid dehydration related injuries. Like i have noticed that despite drinking lots of water i tend to get muscle cramps much earlier than my team mates. Moreover, are there pills or drinks which would help me avoid this?Drinking a lot of water and Gatorate does ot seem to work for me, although for some of my friends it tends to be enough.  _._,_._,_

This post came in on the Groups.IO Sport-Med Discussion Group.

This discussion group network is here to provide medical, sports and other information from published news reports, books, journal and trade press articles and links to videos. We cannot practice medicine unless someone in the medical field resides on one of the lists in this group or on the Public Health list.

That being said, the vast difference you experience from water intake when
participating in active exercise and sports from your colleagues may point to a medical problem and should be checked out by appropriate medical practitioners.

In the meantime here are links to database search results about thirst, exercise, and water or electrolyte drinks from several databases to help guide your thinking.

Search Strategy

(thirst OR thirstiness OR dryness OR absorption) AND (exercising OR exercises OR "intense activity" OR "intense exertion" OR "sports participation" OR "sports activities") AND ("water intake" OR electrolytes OR quenching OR satisfying) [Thirst Quenching After Exercise Problems]

Google Scholar

http://goo.gl/ZVF7P1

.

Google Books

http://goo.gl/QtcnLn

.

Penn State Summon Search

http://goo.gl/aGXdvB

.

TRIP Database

http://goo.gl/oaZtt8

.

Google Domain Limited Web Search (PUBMED)

http://goo.gl/xK6KST

Google Domain Limited Web Search (SCIENCEDIRECT)

http://goo.gl/GWGe4G

.

.

WEBBIB1718

http://tinyurl.com/y8j5gj6m

.

.
Sincerely,

David Dillard

Temple University

(215) 204 – 4584

jwne@...

http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

NET-GOLD

https://groups.io/org/groupsio/net-gold/archives

http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

Research Guides

Research Paper Writing

https://sites.google.com/site/howtowriteasuperresearchpaper/
Employment

https://sites.google.com/site/employmentsources/

Internships

https://sites.google.com/site/internshipsarticles/

Hospitality

https://sites.google.com/site/hospitalitydatabasesandtools/
Disabilities And Employment

https://sites.google.com/site/disabilitynetsources/Home/employment-and-disabilities

Indoor Gardening

Educator-Gold

K12ADMINLIFE

Public Health Resources Including Ebola

Blog

https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Research Guide:

Information Literacy

http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (Eds),

David P. Dillard

http://tinyurl.com/p63whl

Railtram Discussion Group

from the union pacific to britrail and beyond

Indoor Gardening

improve your chances for indoor gardening success

Sport-Med

Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports Tourism

.

.

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU

Temple University Listserv Alert :

Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives

.

.